Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Our precious 3-year old

I don't know if I've experienced any greater joy than watching my kids grow up. And on Micah's third birthday, I get so weepy-sentimental at how much my little guy has grown.


We had his super hero birthday playdate & birthday dinner yesterday, and Patrick and I stand amazed at how much joy and delight he brings to our lives. Some of the recent funnies:

Right before bedtime
Micah: Daddy, I'm scared.
Daddy: Don't worry, Jesus will be with you tonight.
Micah: Will he hold me in his arms?
Daddy: (smiling) Yes.
Micah: (after a long pause) Will He play blocks with me?

Watching television from our flatscreen above the fireplace
Micah: Mommy, can I watch TV?
Mommy: No, not right now.
Micah: When?
Daddy: When you're this tall, you can watch TV.
Micah: When I'm this tall, I can turn on the TV by myself.

There's so many more, but I just forget to blog them. At three, Micah says good morning with big hugs, is found running from one end to another whenever he's home. He enjoys playing with robot-like toys. Loves batman and power rangers. He likes to bake with mommy and loves playing superheros & swords with daddy. He also practices kung fu with his black-belt daddy.

He can tell you bible stories better than I can, and sings Jesus Love Me at the sweetest times I need to hear it. He also can sing Mighty to Save - the entire chorus! He thrives in learning environments, and his teachers at Sunday school and CBS always have a fun comment to tell me about Micah. He is very inquisitive right now asking his dad and I numerous WHY questions and "Where does the sun sleep at night? Does he wear pajamas? and "Where does God live?" We are excited how his little mind works, and anticipate our future discussions together.

I'll update the blog further with his birthday pics, but wanted to share his 3rd year milestones. Happy birthday Micah!

1 comment:

Meghan said...

So cute! Micah, we can't wait to see you! Trevor says he can't remember any of his Karate, so you'll have to show him your Kung Fu moves! Happy Birthday! Love, Aunt Meghan & Trevor

Spring Break 2015 - No Cabin Fever! Yogi Bear Luray

This spring break we wanted to squeeze in one more year of enjoying Yogi Bear Campgrounds before we started to venture out in the world of D...