We are humbled. I feel a little teary-eyed even as I write this because we just feel like His hand has been on this process. Several weeks ago, I looked at this house, and it was more than we were willing to spend. We went full circle looking at houses that just didn't have it all, and just when I thought we saw everything, this house pops up again only it's now been reduced by $30,000.
Our original must-haves list was a 4-bedroom, 3 bathroom single family with a 2-car garage that also was:
- Affordable that we wouldn't be house poor
- Not excessive where unused rooms require extra cleaning.
- In Ashburn We love our friends, our church, and it's close to Patrick's work.
- A good neighborhood you can tell when you drive by
- Charming Exterior that is different than your cookie cutter house.
- Newer home for lower maintenance, updated appliances, and energy efficiency.
- Open kitchen and open floor plan for entertaining.
- Kid Friendly: A small yard, preferably backing to trees, tot lots nearby, and a fun play room.
- Plenty of street parking for guests so they wouldn't need to walk a mile in the snow.
- Nice to haves for Soryda: Hardwood floors, fireplace, stainless steel, granite, crown molding, big tub!
We got everything on our list, even the nice to haves and then some!!! The only thing we didn't get because we opted to live in Brambleton vs. building the same house in Greene Mill Preserve (the community further away) was the yard that backs to trees. We felt it was more important to be 10 minutes closer in, so we gave up the trees knowing that only a 5 minute walk would take us to Legacy Park, a "central park" of the community with ponds, tot lots, tennis courts, etc!
We couldn't be more ecstatic. We need to sell our house now so that we don't lose this one! So please pray for a buyer - and quick!!! We have trusted Him so far in the process, and we're excited to see how this will play out in the coming weeks. One thing we learned though is if you boldly ask a mighty God, you will boldly get mighty things.