Monday, January 27, 2014

A Beloved Uncle

This has been a tough two weeks for my family.  On Monday January 13th, we found that my Uncle, Kimsan Seng, suddenly died of a heart attack. 

You always hear about people who get those crazy phone calls of a loved one who just up and dies, but you never think that it would happen to you. 



It's still hard to believe he's not here.  After a full week of preparations, and another week of Buddhist ceremonies, family and friends from all over the country came, and have now gone home.  I felt very led to be with my aunt, to love her especially when she's alone and so I spent Saturday night over there. We just ate together and watched a movie, and fell asleep.  I wanted her to know that she's not alone, and that God cares for not only her as my aunt, but that He deeply cares for the widows, too. 

There's a lot to sort through and a lot of questions to ask after this.  What in the world do you start doing after your husband of 35 years dies? Well, my mom knows and she is also there to give her true comfort.

For me, I suppose I'll continue to just grieve.  I actually couldn't remember a time in my life when he wasn't there.  Some of my earliest memories...he was in them.   He was a wonderfully loving and funny uncle.  He will be greatly missed!

No comments:

Spring Break 2015 - No Cabin Fever! Yogi Bear Luray

This spring break we wanted to squeeze in one more year of enjoying Yogi Bear Campgrounds before we started to venture out in the world of D...