Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Half a Year Old!

Little Caelan is six months old today. His dad, Micah and I sang him happy birthday this morning while he had cereal in his bumbo seat. What a different baby we have - the first 4 and 1/2 months was a mostly cranky, sleepless, starving, and wailin' Caelan. Once he started taking the bottle, and learned how to self-soothe by sucking on his fingers, he began to sleep through the night! And if he's not hungry, he's really a content baby throughout the day. All my friends who've hung out with us lately say he's so EASY!

Milestones: He's eating solids pretty regularly, can sit up for long periods, reaches for toys, and cries if you take something away he likes. He loves his exersaucer and is a social butterfly, often smiling with his big dimples at anyone who smiles at him. He loves to stare at his brother, and likes to babble to himself a lot.

I'm not sure how much he weighs or how tall he is, but I sometimes get blisters from holding the car seat with him in it (yikes!) and he's starting to outgrow the 6-9 month clothing. Now is when I want time to slow down. I've definitely bonded faster with Caelan (maybe because I'm not so scared as a second time mom) but also because he's a very smiley and engaging baby. If you tickle him a little, he will laugh a long, long, time. He sometimes does that on his own to hear himself endlessly giggle in delight. Some times at night, I know I need to put him down, but I'll just keep holding onto him tighter and longer because he's so picture perfect when he sleeps. I always want him to stay this small. I hope the next six months goes a lot slower because I'm really enjoying him!

No comments:

Spring Break 2015 - No Cabin Fever! Yogi Bear Luray

This spring break we wanted to squeeze in one more year of enjoying Yogi Bear Campgrounds before we started to venture out in the world of D...