Friday, May 15, 2009

Celebrating Mother's Day

I'm pretty sure I don't have enough space to write how much of a blessing it is to be Micah and Caelan's mom. I pinch myself each day thanking God for my life, and how I get to be with these two to watch them grow, and to train them up to eventually change the world. I can't wait as they get older to be able to show them their significance, and give them a secure love. There is a love I can pass on to them that is steady, sure, and available to them, whether I'm here or not, and that's the infinite love of God. It will be there for them when they face public school!

Do not get me wrong when I say that motherhood has tested me to the point of insanity, but every time I get to that breaking point, I always remember how at my worst, I was given grace. And it gives me strength to be a grace-based mom, remembering to view them the way God does.

I remember about six months ago, Micah ran one of his toys across the coffee table. I went to check, and sure enough there was a scratch across it. I was so mad! I disciplined him, and after he said he was sorry and "no do it again", I couldn't help being angry for weeks that my table was forever destroyed. Then just last week, the boys were with their dad and the house was quiet. I grabbed some coffee, and sat by the coffee table. Then, I saw it. That dreaded scratch. Surprisingly, I smiled. It was a reminder that I have a beautiful boy who is two, and will continue to leave marks all over this house. I ran my fingers across the deep scratch, and then my mind fast-forwarded twenty years, and the kids are all out of the house, and the silence is deafening. Suddenly, that scratch is a fond memory of a time that was so precious. And so fleeting!

3 comments:

Meghan said...

All so true!

Sam, Adrianna, Zoe, Penny, & June said...

Soryda, this blog brought tears to my eyes. Thanks for the reminder and the beautiful pictures of you with your babies :)

ps: love the new background! You carry your talent for design to all aspects of your life!

Mom said...

Grandma tears also--they are such a joy and gift from God! Mom

Spring Break 2015 - No Cabin Fever! Yogi Bear Luray

This spring break we wanted to squeeze in one more year of enjoying Yogi Bear Campgrounds before we started to venture out in the world of D...