Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Giving Thanks

My heart swells up with all that I am thankful for in this life. A deep contentment fills me as I am known and loved by my Father in heaven. I see my husband's face, and hear my children's laughter and I just need to pinch myself for every day, every moment, I've been given.

I also give thanks to God for my great friends, who have walked with me through so much. To my moms group who have supported and encouraged me with your lives, you are a treasure beyond words.

This Thanksgiving, we got together for a massive potluck dinner to give thanks for each other and to our faith family.


Everyone bought a dish to share, and my job was the turkey, which by the way, was my FIRST turkey, ever. Folks said it was moist, so I think I did good.


And my other job: Set the tables! Three intimate tables were set up so everyone could get to know each other better, mostly the spouses.


Where were the kids? All snug in their beds while visions of turkey & cranberry danced in their heads. Yes, asleep with the sitters. It made for a very conducive adult time!





By the looks of this picture, none would title this
Stay At Home Moms. How about Hot Mamas??


I give thanks to God for the women who do life with me.
And for the husbands who are so supportive of our friendships. God is good!

1 comment:

Jen said...

I am very thankful for you, my friend! Love you!

Spring Break 2015 - No Cabin Fever! Yogi Bear Luray

This spring break we wanted to squeeze in one more year of enjoying Yogi Bear Campgrounds before we started to venture out in the world of D...