Monday, May 30, 2011

Happy First (Month) Birthday Tristan!

Well, to say that we are in survival mode is an understatement. The newborn honeymoon is way over and my sleepy baby is now WIDE AWAKE all the time, and the culprit is our good and familiar friend - Mr. Reflux. He was a friend to Micah and a friend to Caelan. Unfortunately.


Poor Tristan is uncomfortable all the time, fussy at nursing, hiccups violently after every feed, and has explosive mucous diapers. This has been very very hard for me the last five nights of having about 3 total hours sleep each night. I'm not good to anyone, not to my two kids and not to my husband when I don't have relief. We are going to need to do something different. And soon.

Here's the only way we can get our baby to sleep.



The good news is that one month has flown by. And baby Tristan has had many firsts that are wonderful milestones....

First Bath



First time at the Beach
Memorial Day/Dewey Beach



First upside-down trio picture


First time on a date . That's a milestone for us probably, not him.
We got out for some yummy sushi within the first two weeks!


First time umbilical cord fell off


Let's hope the next month of nights fly by quickly. We're headed to the doctor on Thursday for some Zantac to help control the pain. And with much prayer, he'll hopefully be this baby:


Tired Tristan. Wouldn't that be a blessing?



2 comments:

Adrienne, Kevin & Zachary said...

What a cutie - praying that you will find some relief and blissful sleep for both you and Tristan soon! Can't wait to meet the little guy!

Anonymous said...

Soryda!! So glad I took the time to read your blog...it's long overdue, but Congrats on Baby Tristan!! AND your new home! I wish we weren't hours away from you. I don't make it back to NoVA near often enough and when I do it's such a whirlwind of a trip. I need to go up JUST to visit friends one of these days!! I am so inspired by your stories...and I would LOVE for you guys to come visit here in Wmbg one of these days and go to Busch Gardens :) We are in the midst of a housing mess ourselves after selling our home SO FAST this past May and not having found our new home yet, we have been living in temporary residences since. God will lead us to our next home..I just wish it had been sooner than now with the kids starting school in less than two weeks. It will happen soon though...I feel it!! :) I miss you and all of your beauty!! Congrats on everything and I hope we get to catch up one of these days son!!
xoxo Jennifer De La Garza

Spring Break 2015 - No Cabin Fever! Yogi Bear Luray

This spring break we wanted to squeeze in one more year of enjoying Yogi Bear Campgrounds before we started to venture out in the world of D...