Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Changing Tables

So, it's our 8 year anniversary today and I thought I'd blog about what Patrick said to me this morning:

Patrick: "Happy Anniversary babe......wow...

8 years later....
3 houses....
3 kids....
3 cars....
5 couches....
6 dining tables.....
and just one grill...."
...and he just kept going on!

"Who was that girl walking down
the aisle? I hardly knew her."


"And when we went away on our honeymoon together
...that was strange...."


"It was weird. So new. So foreign.
Waking up next to you and going who is this girl??"


....but then he said....

"And now I know everything about you. And I love you more today than yesterday. I thank God for you. "
Soryda: (thinking) Awe....
"Eight years and our marriage is just getting better every day."
(Of course I am teary-eyed at this point.)

But I couldn't help thinking that it was actually 7 dining tables, not 6. Our first one was a cardboard box!

(my first dinner I ever made for my new husband)

It's probably a good analogy that the tables keep changing on us and.... we've changed and gotten better because of it. There's a deep contentment that only comes from knowing we continue to work on our marriage and every day, honestly, is better than the last. Happy Anniversary, my love! I love being married to you.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Awww! I love that you remember EXACTLY the number of dining tables you have had. Interesting that it really is such a significant piece of furniture...

Karen said...

Dear, Dear Soryda & Patrick,

Wow, does your beautiful wedding picture take me back! I remember standing there watching those pictures being taken. Soryda, looking at the pic today, I still think you were the most beautiful, utterly stunning, bride I've ever known. I treasure the memories from witnessing your love for one another bud, grow and blossom. It's also been a blessing to watch your love, commitment to the Lord, each other and now your sons, grow and strengthen. I can't believe it's been only 8 years. You two of done a lot of lovin' and laughing in that short time! Keep it up! Can't wait to see guys! Love, Karen and Michael

Spring Break 2015 - No Cabin Fever! Yogi Bear Luray

This spring break we wanted to squeeze in one more year of enjoying Yogi Bear Campgrounds before we started to venture out in the world of D...