Monday, September 24, 2012

Celebrating Nine Years

I should have known at the beginning that it would be an adventure.  The Pastor said you may kiss the bride, not dip her!!!  Crazy.  We kicked off our weekend by going to a Japanese Steakhouse with the kids to celebrate mommy and daddy and then we went to a Friday night marriage conference. 


By celebrating the adventure of marriage, we got adventurous!  Saturday morning, we headed to Wild and Wonderful West Virginia where we went White Water Tubing!  I have to admit there were times on those rapids I was scared, but Patrick held onto my raft very tightly.  I felt secure.  I knew if it would come down to it, he would give us his life for me.  No question.


Although we were exhausted from the 3 hour river excursion, we did manage to just relax for the whole day. It was beautiful country and a great way to bring in the Fall.




We got hungry and stopped by a Vineyard on our way to the hotel.  We tried something fun and did food pairings with their six wine tastings.  Very rich and decadent...from wild boar prosciutto wrapped around local goat cheese, smoked trout, to chestnut truffles rolled in pecans....


Celebrating us.


We then checked into a hotel in Ashburn.  After looking at a dozen hotels, I chose this one for many reasons! 
1.  The closeness to my sick toddler.  Poor Tristan had a temperature and wasn't himself.
2.  The evening cocktail reception from 5:30 - 7:30.  Hello, free drinks for two hours. Wow.
3.  The King Suite with a whole living area where we ordered Vietnamese food and hung out.


4.  The delicious breakfast.  Unlike other hotels where you pay an arm and a leg for a nice breakfast or you get a cheapie continental muffin breakfast, we got a real made-to-order hot breakfast.  Patrick was so impressed with his delicious omelet! 
5.  Finally, the value  All of this for $92 with tax.   Priceline rocks.

We did a devotional in the morning after our breakfast and headed home to this!  Their usual dancing after breakfast to my Zumba CD.  





Happy Anniversary!  Thanking God for the gift of marriage and for the man who fearfully and wonderfully loves me and is showing me daily what it looks like to be the bride, caring for me and giving up his life for me, as Christ loved.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

How fun! My kind of adventure. Hoping to plan a fun getaway for our 10th in December!

Spring Break 2015 - No Cabin Fever! Yogi Bear Luray

This spring break we wanted to squeeze in one more year of enjoying Yogi Bear Campgrounds before we started to venture out in the world of D...