Thursday, December 27, 2012

Best of Christmas 2012 - So Merry!

There's a lot to post this Christmas, but I'll just give you the highlights.  One of the best things that happened this year was that I didn't get overstressed.  The cards went out hassle-free....and the reason for the stress-free cards was because the one I wanted (below)  ended up being $2 per card, so within a hour I picked up some at Walgreens, for which I paid $0.41 for each. And they were just as great!

 

The gifts were bought this year without any fuss.  The boys not only licked every envelope for our cards, but M and C picked out each gift for every cousin at one Target visit.  Done!   But you know how the Lord says that you'll be blessed if you give?  Wow, did I ever?!  Best gift went to ME.  A professional karaoke machine.  Yes!!!!



And well the cooking...besides making fruit soup for breakfast, I didn't cook a single meal..hallelujah!  We did bake but even that was therapeutic.   And I didn't decorate the cookies..LOL.

 


Fruit soup is a tradition, as well as visiting the National "holiday" Tree.  Right.  Yeah, it's a Christmas tree and here it is in all its glory.  This year was pretty underwhelming visiting the tree with no yulelog and a crowded area to see the manger - next year, we might need to adapt a new tradition.  We did have fun with our friends Jay and Kathy though, and afterwards, we ate plenty of pizza!



Another tradition at Christmas is to eat like there's no tomorrow.  There's always a turkey, a beef roast, a fish, a noodle dish, a soup, and all the Khmer favorites.  I have proof!  This is only like half of what was served....Cambodians know how to feast!


 


And one more tradition to observe this year was Christmas Eve.  We always try to go to the candlelight service.  This year, I asked a friend for her iphone and was able to get this beautiful calming picture.  It was this serene peace that filled me---- to be there with my friends and family thanking God for that Silent Night and our Joy to the World!




Other great moments:  when the tree went up this year, Tristan went nuts.



As in years past, we didn't forget to put up the train.  Well, that was a good call.  Our little Tristan was mesmerized by the train.  All he said for days was choo choo.  He would stare at that thing go round and round for at least half an hour.  We just weren't sure what to make of this fascination. 





Nothing says Christmas like a festive Christmas party.  We managed to make it out to a few and remembered to take a photo at the end.  It's always so fun to party with Patrick.  He's a hoot.




Probably one of my fave moments is when Patrick did a reading of the Christmas story out of Luke Chapter 2.  




Thank you to everyone who prayed for me in early December to make sure I remembered the reason for the season.  Every time we did something, we remembered the "why" and I was immediately filled with joy!  From our family to yours, Merry Christmas!



No comments:

Spring Break 2015 - No Cabin Fever! Yogi Bear Luray

This spring break we wanted to squeeze in one more year of enjoying Yogi Bear Campgrounds before we started to venture out in the world of D...