Monday, March 11, 2013

Kristin's Shower

This is the fun stuff!  Saturday was Kristin's Baby Shower for first boy due in May. When Amy asked if I could help with food or decorating, it was pretty obvious which one I thought was a better fit for me! :-) We found out from Mike what the nursery colors (Navy, Green, White, Baby Blue....) were and there came my inspiration: Kristin's Darling Bowtie Shower!  


Everybody had to put on a bowtie.  Super-easy to make with a 10x10 piece of fabric.  I spent about $4 on fabric to make 16 of them.  I saw a tutorial to sew them, but I glued them instead.  So much faster!!


Once the colors came into play, it was easy to go looking for things.  Like at the thrift store, I found these two plastic storage containers ($1.50 for both) and turned them upside down for a centerpiece.  The door sign was a fun graphic to design.








Probably the cutest thing ever was the tiny bowties I made and hung on 5 onesies.  This draped our main table.  With the same theme, I put ribbon around newborn diapers (part of my gift) and made little bowtie diaper banners.


  

I printed some of their pictures on 5x7 photo cards and bought frames at the Dollar Store.  To make the pictures pop, I added an outside element like the shoes, or the straws to bring to life the pictures.



Kristin felt blessed and overwhelmed at the same time seeing all these things for baby that she has to "figure out" but if anyone can transition a new life into their marriage well, it's this couple!


Super fun, thanks for letting me a part of your special day!  Can't wait to see your precious little man (in a bowtie, of course)!

No comments:

Spring Break 2015 - No Cabin Fever! Yogi Bear Luray

This spring break we wanted to squeeze in one more year of enjoying Yogi Bear Campgrounds before we started to venture out in the world of D...