Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Days of Summer --June Kickoff

I thought I'd have a lot more pictures of the pool and lazy summer days to post, but it's been a bit rainy around here....but we did make it out to a minor league baseball game for Father's Day, a very fun surprise for Patrick.  He was giddy when he found out we'd spend a lazy Sunday with his kids and dear friends, Karen & Michael, at the ball park!


It was hard to keep them engaged for 9 innings, but they were all watching here!


After Micah's last day of school on June 6th---which by the way--this blog needs to record that Micah is the fastest kindergartener.  They had several races on Field Day, and he kept moving to the finals and beat everyone!  Who knew that we had a son who could run that fast?? So proud!




And he's not the only one picking up speed.  I mean Patrick and I have been....like insane.  Literally.  We are on Day 8 of the Insanity workout and we're feeling good....every morning for 6 days week... a high intensity interval training for 60 days.  Woot!  Woot!



So far, even though we've felt the need to---we haven't yet thrown up after the workout.  That's an accomplishment!  I have been pretty busy lately too as I've taken my first stab at doing design work.  Of course, I have to start with a few fresh updates to my own home. :-)



My first client is a 3-year old boy's room.  Here is a BEFORE shot as we're starting the paint work.  I'll show you an AFTER when it's done.   The client  wanted a soccer theme with a lot of color.  I am having so much fun!  I'm recommending everything from the paint on the walls, to furniture, to window treatments.  We're going to have a feature wall, some DIY furniture painting -- it's going to be FABULOUS!

 

The client already bought this Pottery Barn bedding called "Owen" so from there I had to use that as my jumping point.

 
 Here's my design board or inspiration board!
We also got a chance to drive to Richmond for a day (thank you mom for watching the boys!)  and celebrate my friend of 22 years, Ann.  She was so happy to see me that she made a beeline in the middle of her husband's mother/son dance and started crying uncontrollably.  It was so touching, and I was so glad that we could be there!

 

As far as other fun things go, the boys got to go to Bluemont and do the Great Country Farms.  It was a birthday celebration and as always, so much fun!



The weather is starting to clear up this week so we will probably be hitting the pool.  Micah has asked for a day at the arcade (like Chuck E cheese) and Caelan has asked for a waterpark.  Next week, they're in Vacation Bible School which should be a blast.  Our summer is kicking off to a good start!

No comments:

Spring Break 2015 - No Cabin Fever! Yogi Bear Luray

This spring break we wanted to squeeze in one more year of enjoying Yogi Bear Campgrounds before we started to venture out in the world of D...