Sunday, September 22, 2013

Celebrating A Decade Together!!!!

We did it.  We want to shout it out from the loudest rooftop "We did it!!!"  If you knew us at the beginning of our marriage, you would understand how much of a triumph this is!!! On the night of our anniversary, we were looking at each other across the dinner table.  Our eyes were glossy and fighting back tears-----words couldn't really come out.  It was a beautiful moment where we just looked at the gift we've been given and our hearts were grateful.  We are happy.  Blessed.  Cheers to ten years!




So, Patrick asked me to marry him on the beach in Cape May, New Jersey.  Since it was all a big blur for me, we decided to take our anniversary weekend and re-enact the whole thing.   We started with a fancy dinner at the Virginia Inn's Ebbitt Grill.  I remember being SO NERVOUS at dinner---I thought for sure he was going to get down on his knee right there in the restaurant!  I waited and waited....I couldn't even focus on what he was saying....



The entree was served, and still he didn't get down on his knee.  Oh no!  It's not going to happen...


Wait!  What about dessert?  Yes, a good friend of ours had put his fiance's engagement ring in her ice cream?  Yes!!!  Then, Patrick suggested I order pistachio ice cream which was his favorite.  Wink, wink....yes, uh huh.  It'll be in the ice cream.  I didn't even like pistachio icecream and still ordered it.


Okay, play this cool.....go slow....he's watching.....


Forget that!  ...where is that ring???  Oh no.  It's not there.  Play it cool. I was crushed.
I was disappointed that he didn't ask me.  It isn't going to happen, is it??  After dinner, he takes me on a drive a long the beach.  We get out and he rushes around looking for something.  "Patrick, what are you looking for?"  Nervous and anxious, he says nothing and just has me sit on a log on the beach.   Oh my gosh, this is it!!!  He's going to do it here.....he first reads me a beautiful poem he wrote....and then...oh my gosh, he's kneeling!!!!....


....woo hoo!!!  

Shock comes.

I don't say anything.  I just can't believe this moment is happening.  Is this for real?  Is that a diamond in his hand?  I'm afraid to look at it....oh my gosh....

He asks me again.   Clears throat.   "Will you marry me?"

I guess I woke up because I kissed him and I said...

YES!!!!!

...and it's like the clouds burst forth!!! 
[angels singing....]


Being dramatic. :)   This shot was from our sunrise the next morning from our getaway.   Ha ha...It was a wonderful evening.  We both just laughed about that night.  A funny part was that Patrick was nervous and anxious because apparently he couldn't find the circle of candles his mom set up for us which was a block away.   So, he improvised and just did it right there!


On this anniversary trip, my husband of ten years (and one morning) wanted us to go see the sunrise. 


It was breath-taking.  We prayed there together on the beach together thanking God for his mercies that are new to us every morning.  It was such a nice getaway.  Our hotel was right on the beach with a great view.  Our gawking friend thought so, too!


Then later that day, in Wildwood (one town over from Cape May) they were having a car show and Patrick really wanted to go see that!



Then we headed back on our cruise (yes, he took me on a cruise!!!...okay, sort of, it was the ferry LOL) but hey with a view, and a mimosa, it was still beautiful!!!



Boys, being married to your father has been the greatest joy of my life.  We have been very intentional and have worked very hard the Lord has blessed us with a marriage that is filled with sacrificial love.   Your dad has made me so happy, and we're just getting started!!!!  Happy ten years my darling.  I love you.


We're looking forward to our big trip in a few months!!!   Special thanks to Ms. Karen who watched the boys.  We came back and the first thing the next morning they said was, "Where's Ms. Karen?"  They didn't miss us at all. 

No comments:

Spring Break 2015 - No Cabin Fever! Yogi Bear Luray

This spring break we wanted to squeeze in one more year of enjoying Yogi Bear Campgrounds before we started to venture out in the world of D...