Thursday, October 9, 2008

Caelan turns ONE....week that is.

Caelan turned one week old yesterday and looking back and reflecting on our first week as a four-member family, things have been going very well. Caelan is eating well, and although he doesn't sleep as long as Soryda would like, he does seem to be sleeping soundly. Already after one week, he looks like a different baby:

Here's our first family-of-four outing
(Micah's favorite past time -riding the trains!) :

Micah is also adjusting well. I didn't really know what to expect as far as how Micah would react, but it is fun to see how excited he is about Caelan. He exclaims "the baby!" when he hears him cry for the first time in the morning, wants to watch us change him, and sometimes asks to hold him. We were eating snacks two days ago, and he wanted to give Caelan some of his raisins. It was very cute.
Micah tries to give Caelan a kiss after their baths:

So, at least for now, since I am not pacing up and down the stairs with earplugs and a crying baby (which is exactly what I did the first full month Micah was alive), I can worry about other things, such as how are we going to raise TWO boys? I thought one was going to be hard enough. When Micah was born, his skin was a light tan color, then Caelan comes out a bright pink. My first thought is "These are definitely not the same babies." So almost everything that worked with Micah will not work for Caelan, but I am looking forward to getting to know another adorable little boy the Lord has entrusted to us, and as his father, He will give me the strength and wisdom to do the the job right.

Here's a debut of Caelan's first slideshow. (You can also view it by double-clicking on the slide show at the top right-hand corner). Enjoy.

1 comment:

Sam, Adrianna, Zoe, Penny, & June said...

Wow guys, he is just gorgeous! Can I say that about a boy? I guess I just did :)

Zoe and I are jealous of your train ride - her favorite pasttime. We will have to visit the mall while we're home - wanna come along?

Spring Break 2015 - No Cabin Fever! Yogi Bear Luray

This spring break we wanted to squeeze in one more year of enjoying Yogi Bear Campgrounds before we started to venture out in the world of D...