Sunday, June 21, 2009

Beth Moore Conference

For the first time in 2 and 1/2 years, I left the kids for two days and one night. The girls and I were headed to Pittsburgh to attend a conference for one of my all-time favorite teachers in the world - Beth Moore. I did cry a little when I left Micah and Caelan, and while I was sad, my time was so awe-inspiring and without a doubt--life-changing.

She spoke out of a chapter in the bible (Acts 27-28) of the perfect storm that Paul, a missionary, encountered as they were shipwrecked and landed in Malta. It was so cool to see how God spoke to all the girls I came with, in a very specific way. There's nothing more humbling to be able to hear and see first hand God moving. While I didn't feel I was in a "Perfect Storm", in fact, I feel more like I'm walking on water with the new house, it was clear that God went out of His way this weekend to make Himself known to us. Conversations that were more than just coincidence, felt so much more like providence. I felt personally kissed by the King!

(Some of the most awesome women you will
ever get to know --Kelly, Jessel, Kathy, Jen)

God is at work. He's real. He's got a plan for me, for you. Being reminded all over again was worth every minute!

3 comments:

Sam, Adrianna, Zoe, Penny, & June said...

Wow Soryda, that sounds awesome! So glad you got to go. You ladies look great too. Side note: where did you get your jeans? They look fantastic on you!

Unknown said...

This is a sweet post Soryda. Sorry I'm just seeing it! Btw, who's the fatty in pink? ; )
Was a GREAT time and I'm so glad I could be a part of it!

Jen Miles said...

Soryda!!! I just realized that that comment I just left shows that it was left by Jon. So sorry!!! It sounds funny though if you look at what I put. ; )
Hee-hee.

Spring Break 2015 - No Cabin Fever! Yogi Bear Luray

This spring break we wanted to squeeze in one more year of enjoying Yogi Bear Campgrounds before we started to venture out in the world of D...