Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Ever heard of a Clothes Swap?

My friend, Jessel, and I co-partnered to host a fabulous event called the "It's New to You Party" where you bring clothes in your own closet you are tired of, and swap it out! Someone's else's trash is someone else's treasure. Can I tell you how giddy I was getting these amazingly cute and new-to-me clothes? I probably got nine complete outfits from jacket, shirt, pants, shoes, bracelet, purses-- including this adorable Victoria's Secret purple plush sweat outfit. And the never worn JCREW flip flops too!


Lina made out like a bandit.
Her whole ensemble (except jeans) she got from the Swap!
She left with several big bags.


It was so fun to open my home and have a lot of GIRL FUN!


My basement was transformed to a free
nighttime clothes bazaar.


If the shoes fits, wear it!
(oh my gosh, as a side note--
I got the CUTEST shoes, ever.)


I couldn't sleep that night thinking about all the new clothes I had scored for FREE! Yes, I know we're not supposed to be material, but WHATEVER, I had hit the jackpot. And Patrick was so happy I didn't spend ANY money! Yay, God. Mostly, I met some FABULOUS new gals that I hope to get to know better. We're doing another swap in April at Jaci's house, a new friend....oh... can my heart leap any higher from sheer joy??

5 comments:

Jen said...

This was such a blessing and so much fun! Thanks for inviting me.

Christine said...

Soryda -- I did an accessory swap and it was a huge success! I was just thinking of doing a clothes swap, too! Glad you got some "new" outfits!

~Christine

Michelle said...

How did Lina get 4 bags?! I must have totally missed them! Totally invite me to the next swap. I still have some things to get rid of and maybe there will be a little more in my size category (size 4 or 6 petite) :-)... Had a blast and loved seeing Magda (sp?) so happy with the items that I was able to swap to her.

Meghan said...

Looks like fun! I love your new photo banner!

Matthew, Eve, Noah, Noelle, and Brooke said...

this is an awesome idea! I would love to come to your next one!!

Spring Break 2015 - No Cabin Fever! Yogi Bear Luray

This spring break we wanted to squeeze in one more year of enjoying Yogi Bear Campgrounds before we started to venture out in the world of D...