Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Alana's 6th Birthday - A Butterfly Tea Party

Dear Lord, may I please have a girl? So one day, I can do this again?.....

(Photos by by Hueminh Tsao)


I had the privilege of hosting Alana's butterfly tea party. Jessel wanted her 6-year old to have a great birthday, but knew with a 3-week old newborn, she wasn't going to be able to do much. So she asked me to help. Of course I said yes, I needed my little girl FIX! I got to be the TEA Lady!


I taught the little girls tea etiquette, by first putting your napkin gently on your lap and sipping your tea elegantly by putting out one pinkie. Oh my gosh, they were listening!




The moms said I should go into business. I just might! First, we had to set the tone of the party by decorating the entrance. I did this by creating a personalized tea room for Alana that was elegantly butterfly and the tablescape was perfectly pink.



WARNING: If you read on, please be prepared for
femininity at its finest moment.
There are a lot of GIRLIE pictures. :)
Starting with the beautiful tea elements....



One thing that added a lot of punch to the room
without costing anything was these pom branches.
Just tissue paper and free branches outside.


The girls were taught to take one petit four and pass it to the right. Jessel planned the menu. It was out-of -control-cute! Butterfly crackers with tulip cheddar cheese, chocolate-covered strawberries, butterfly & heart shaped tea sandwiches and the perfect butterfly cupcakes.




She had crafts prepared for the girls, and Sheli, her sister led all the little girls in the games!



You couldn't find a cuter group of girls
to do a tea party with. Wow!


Here's one masculine picture for you. Patrick made sure to keep the boys clear away from tea parties. The boys & men roughhoused downstairs, fought with swords, went on a bear hunt, beat their chest, and then shot deer.


Well, it was sooo much more fun in the tea room.
Happy 6th Birthday Alana, I hope it was special!
Your mom, Aunt Sheli and I had a lot of fun doing it for you.

5 comments:

Rob N. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jessel said...

Sorry i accidentally used Rob's account, here i go again: THANK YOU Soryda!! You are so very gifted in this. Everything was wonderful. WE are blessed to have you in our lives!!!

Sam, Adrianna, Zoe, Penny, & June said...

You SHOULD have a business doing this, Soryda! You excel at it. I would've hired you for the girls' party this week. I love the way it turned out, but I was dreading putting it together the whole time. I would've paid money to have you swoop in and take the whole party under your talented little wing :)

Jen said...

Awesome job! When Lindsie gets a little bit older, this would be so much fun to do!

Drew Watts said...

Wonderful tea party!! Everything arranged is just adorable. Loved the tea set and creative cupcakes. They look fantastic. I liked and appreciate your efforts. Want to implement these ideas for my niece’s tea party that will throw her at one of venues in San Francisco. She will surely love it.

Spring Break 2015 - No Cabin Fever! Yogi Bear Luray

This spring break we wanted to squeeze in one more year of enjoying Yogi Bear Campgrounds before we started to venture out in the world of D...