Monday, December 20, 2010

Team Pink or Team Blue?

So, we had our ultrasound today and the baby is..............we don't know. Yet.

I had the sonographer put a blue or pink sock in a Christmas gift box and we may open it on Christmas morning. With no gifts to each other this year, this would be our only and best gift. Still undecided if we'll do that. We at first wanted to wait and just find out as a surprise in the delivery room, but several things sort of changed a long the way.


1. My heart is changing. I'm not harboring any secret gender preferences. Everyone knows I can admit it -- I REALLY wanted a girl!!! Go team Pink! But strangely it has gone from pink dresses and tea parties to getting excited about the prospect of having three boys. My three sons. My new blog title will be Oh boy! Oh boy! Oh boy! Patrick, who wants son #3, for the purpose of increasing the male ratio in our household---did sell me a great advantage. He said when it's time for the boys to go camping, hunting, racing, whatever we do -- you'll have the whole house to yourself. Spa day. Hmhhh...THAT could sway me! So, the only reason to wait was so I wouldn't have 20 weeks of disappointment if it were a boy and now I think that issue no longer exists.

2.
Also, I started my first signs of all-over itching. Not good news. The itching during pregnancy is a strong sign that I will be a candidate for cholestasis again which means, like my last pregnancy, I will be getting an ultrasound every 72 hours until I'm full term. The likelihood that at one of these ultrasounds a technician isn't going to mess it up for us--- and let the cat out of the bag---is very slim.

3. Finally, if it's a girl, I get a pink princess shower. Enough said. Don't want to be robbed of all the pink I can get my hands on.

Moment of truth. I will be very honest that I will be initially disappointed, I'm sure, if it's not a girl. I'm just human and in my fleshly desires. But, after two minutes of really thinking about it - how could I possibly be disappointed in God's choice of who He foreknew and created? Who he's purposed for manhood or womanhood? Is it all about me or Him? The miracle of a child is all I need to focus on and stay grateful and remain content. The desire is for this little one to go to full term and be a healthy baby. Just giving myself a pep talk.

Personally, I think it will be a boy. Don't know why...maybe because the world could use some more strong, courageous, Godly men. Maybe God knows we can't afford a girl. I would need to start working for sure. :) Maybe two divas in this household will be too much to handle. Yeah, I think it's the latter.....

Okay, so enough mumbo jumbo - we all know the cheer -- GO TEAM PINK!!!

8 comments:

Angela said...

Either way it will be a tremendous blessing and I'd be honored to have you join me in the "3 Boys Club", there are lots of great benefits. :)

Anonymous said...

PLEASE OPEN THE GIFT BOX on CHRISTMAS DAY!!!!! please please please!
jessel

Amy S. said...

Hi Soryda,

So excited to read that you are expecting a third, what a great blessing!! I had a secret desire for a girl for my second child as well and was so excited when we found out. I have to admit that she is definitely costing more to clothe and is becoming quite the little diva so you would be dethroned to the new princess quickly. Daddy is proving very quickly that he can't resist her sweet demands. My SIL has 3 boys and that is wonderful as well and will be lots of fun and excitement. Congratulations! Amy

Sam, Adrianna, Zoe, Penny, & June said...

Wow Soryda, great attitude! You are a good example for all of us. With that said, OPEN THAT PRESENT!!! People gotta sew!

Jen said...

HA! Love Adrianna's comment! I second her request. :-) Let me be a blessing bandit!

Michelle said...

Soryda - I know just how you feel! I struggled through it all as well. As they say: it is what it is!

Crystal said...

I'm personally rooting for a little Ring diva ;)!

Praying for a healthy baby, either way!

Matthew, Eve, Noah, Noelle, and Brooke said...

I know it's hard! Even though we have one of each I would LOVE more boys. I had a tough time learning my 2nd was a girl. But she turned out to be just wonderful and exactly what God planned for our family. I hope you open the box on Christmas! I am excited for you either way!!!

Spring Break 2015 - No Cabin Fever! Yogi Bear Luray

This spring break we wanted to squeeze in one more year of enjoying Yogi Bear Campgrounds before we started to venture out in the world of D...