Sunday, December 26, 2010

We're having a............

Inside this little red box holds the answer to the Ring family's newest addition. Will the Rings have My Three Sons or will we have a new Princess to dethrone mommy?


Drumroll....please.....

.......okay, just to add a little more suspense, here's my mom's reaction, who by the way, has been praying fervently for a baby granddaughter.


In the quiet of Christmas morning, the four of us sat down together to open the little red box. My heart was racing. I was prepared for God's best....

Another drumroll....will the sock be pink or blue? Micah is going to have a little....









BABY BROTHER!!! IT'S A BOY!!! My face simply says it all: I knew it! We're having another son. It is truly the best Christmas gift we could ever ask for.

So, how was the moment of truth? Well, as predicted, I did mourn a little throughout the day. The fixation on a little girl is somewhat ridiculous when I think four years ago, we weren't sure we could EVER have children. But, I gotta be honest. In these twenty weeks, I let myself think about how much fun it would be to have a daughter, a little girl that I could see myself in just as I see my husband in every move our boys make. A little girl whose long hair I could braid and who I could take shopping and play princesses with. A wedding I could have planned! Ha.

But it was ALL God because the disappointment faded quickly. Being the mom of two easy, loving, sweet, little boys who at this stage want their mommy all the time - I can't explain the special bond I have with Micah and Caelan, it warms my heart to know there will be a third little man. And for the three brothers, I see an adventure of capes and sabers and a time when these three men will be so close to each other that they will not only be brothers, but the best of friends.

I am happily surrendered. Patrick, of course, is STOKED!!! On to the sequel of Bringing Up Boys!

5 comments:

Michelle G said...

I was thinking about you yesterday. I know there is a little bit of disappointment in your heart, but I am so encouraged by your maturity and trust in God's goodness and plans. Just think, some families are all girls (like mine) and now I have two amazing brother-in-laws. So although you may not have daughters now, the time will come. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Soryda!!!!! I didn't know you were pregnant. So thrilled for you and your family. A friend of mine said it best about having all boys. She told me that "Hhving all boys just means that you are the still the Queen Bee in your household!!!" :0)

Much love to you guys!!!!

Crysta

Sam, Adrianna, Zoe, Penny, & June said...

I love your face, Soryda :) Congrats to you all. You are the 2nd family I know with 2 boys who are expecting another boy. And I know another family with 2 boys who isn't finding out til it's born. It just makes me curious about my chances of ever having a boy myself!! Sure, I get to help plan weddings, but I also have to pay for 2 of them! (so far!)

Anonymous said...

Hi Soryda!
Congratulations on another upcoming Ring arrival! :) I didn't know you were expecting again. Honestly, I want a girl too and hope I get blessed with one someday, but if I don't, I know that is God's plan like you said and ALL children are a blessing. My sister has three boys as well and I think it takes a very big woman (strong and big-hearted) to raise three boys. I'm sure the "someday" Daughter-in-laws will love you too!:)

All the best to you and your family this coming year!

God bless,
Jennifer Coulter

Anonymous said...

Congrats Soryda & Patrick! I can't believe it; I also thought it would be a GIRL! Congrats on your third boy. What a blessing. Soryda, apparently God thinks there is enough girl in you to cover the Ring household! You can always have girly time with Alana & myself to get your girl fix. We love you and we are so excited that the Lord has called you to raise up Manly World changers :-))
jessel

Spring Break 2015 - No Cabin Fever! Yogi Bear Luray

This spring break we wanted to squeeze in one more year of enjoying Yogi Bear Campgrounds before we started to venture out in the world of D...