Tuesday, June 3, 2014

A Wise Woman Builds Up Her House - Mother's Day 2014

I think I may be becoming more mature because in recent years I've felt a little entitled to having a special day just for me (alone time or spa day....)   I mean c'mon--- I birthed three children and it's been exhausting people--- so I deserve it?!  Oddly, I may have just understood today that the blessing is mine.  Today my joy is complete as I hold these three in my arms.  It is a gift no words can truly describe.  Knowing that I have given away myself fully to loving and raising my children and to my husband, and to building our home.   In this giving, I have been the one who has been blessed!

And the timing couldn't be better---- as I arrived here......now----wanting only to be with THEM---they're pulling out all the stops.  Starting with breakfast in bed!


Maybe Tristan isn't happy he doesn't get this yumminess?  Or he's frightened by my big hair?  After church, we met my brother's family at Trump National Golfcourse to celebrate our mom.


We had a really nice brunch full of my favorites!  Champagne, too.

  

Patrick said so many words of praise today that are etched in my heart.   All four boys wrote me cards----but there was one that got the biggest laugh and even a few tears. Here's what I look like to my oldest child:


This might make more sense when you read this:


I read a little excerpt the other day about the the Proverbs 31 woman in the bible---she is praised by her husband and children----evidence that her primary ministry was to build up her home in wisdom.  I smiled and thanked God for the work He's done here in our home.  They are my primary ministry - what I ultimately want to be defined as.  I have great relationships, I've had a good career, maybe I will again---- but I want my legacy to be from my husband who said she brought me honor and from my children to say she gave selflessly to us as Christ loved.  It's my desire to be a "wise woman who builds up her house." (Proverbs 14:1)  It's in being this woman that God created me to be that I am truly fulfilled!


No comments:

Spring Break 2015 - No Cabin Fever! Yogi Bear Luray

This spring break we wanted to squeeze in one more year of enjoying Yogi Bear Campgrounds before we started to venture out in the world of D...