Thursday, December 4, 2008

A Blog about our Blog

To encourage my husband to blog, I thought I'd take the opportunity to say that I am really enjoying blogging and I wish I had more time to do it. Nowadays, everyone seems to have a blog and no one really seems shy about sharing. And it isn't surprising that everyone has something to say even if it is meaningless, insignificant minutia of one's day. I still appreciate it because they tell it with an understated gusto.

While I like to write, I don't profess to be a writer by any stretch of the imagination or claim that I have anything profound to say. I write because I like it and I have dozens of journals that I can look back with fond memories. I find that there's discovery when you process, and this is often where God speaks to me, and heals me.

As a creative outlet, and a perfect place to make crazy design choices (have you noticed how often I've changed the background? Too fun), the blog allows me to lay down memories with words and photos that will last a lifetime. I can imagine Micah as a father, with his two year old, sitting around with his wife and family and watching the video I made of his digger party. Of course by then, it'll all be quite star-trek like with hollograms and virtual options. I feel like I have given him a priceless treasure that he would never have received if I didn't take the time to blog it.

Now, if only I can get his father to do it. Patrick wants to write, but feels he doesn't have anything important to say. Hogwash! If you're out there and reading this, please encourage him that anything he has to say is worthy!

2 comments:

mom2boyz said...

Ah yes, and thus the reason I blog..because I am not a scrapbooker..I find this much easier and fulfilling plus friends and family can keep up with our happenings as well.

Sam, Adrianna, Zoe, Penny, & June said...

Patrick, Sam hijacked my blog when I was in the hospital for 5 days with Penny and not only did he end up enjoying it, but he got many comments about what a great writer he was. I encourage you to give it a shot. Plus, it's always fun for us readers to have a father's perspective on what his kids are up to.

Spring Break 2015 - No Cabin Fever! Yogi Bear Luray

This spring break we wanted to squeeze in one more year of enjoying Yogi Bear Campgrounds before we started to venture out in the world of D...