Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Closing up a Chapter....

Well, it's official. We are now renters in the house we have spent six wonderful years. The first chapter in my married life, and the next chapter as a new mom. I remember the days we brought each son home, and once they were awake long enough, we toured our infant room by room, and introduced him to his new home. Some of the happiest times in my entire life have been here.

As I thought about this house, there were too many great memories to even count....

Our first tree trimming with a strange new husband.
December 2003

One of the biggest snowfalls
from our picturesque view - Winter 2004


Our first big dinner party for ten.

Our first family Christmas hosting all the Rings from North Carolina, New Jersey, Michigan, and Maryland.


We loved up on this house. Patrick with his power tools...(this whole tree came down by the way)

And me with my constant changing and re-arranging the house. I must have redecorated this house a dozen times since we lived here! Do not worry, I will channel this passion into a career one day.

An example of before....(actually it's also an after)

and then after (after)...
Just in time to bring home baby Micah to his new room.

One of my most fondest images is below:
Micah's first Christmas (where he could open gifts.)

And then Baby Caelan....

It will be hard closing the doors for the last time. We won't get a chance to open them again. I know I sound dramatic, but it really has been an era. I came home as a newlywed in this house, and also as a new mother. When I look back in twenty years, this house will hold my dearest memories. But it's not the end of the book, we're just turning the page to a very exciting new chapter. I can't wait to see how the Author and Perfecter of our faith (Hebrews 12:2) writes it!

No comments:

Spring Break 2015 - No Cabin Fever! Yogi Bear Luray

This spring break we wanted to squeeze in one more year of enjoying Yogi Bear Campgrounds before we started to venture out in the world of D...