Friday, July 31, 2009

Why this house TRUMPS the old one

We can't hear our neighbor snoring through the wall. The floor doesn't squeak loudly when you're trying to rock your fussy baby to sleep. The water pressure in the shower doesn't change when someone flushes the toilet. We don't run into each other in the kitchen--ever. The kids are not playing in my living room. We're not soaking wet when we run 20 bags of groceries into the house during a storm. THIS HOUSE ROCKS!

....but the number one reason why this house trumps the old is below.....

Peach Cream Pie made to perfection

For 6 years, I was CONVINCED beyond reason that I was a horrible baker. You see in Cambodia, there were no ovens, so in America growing up, our oven was used to broil meat but NEVER to bake. So my mother-in-law gave me great Ring family tradition baked-good recipes and I destroyed every last one of them. I thought I always measured something wrong or needed to upgrade my pans because everything I put in the old oven turned out horrible. Well, everything I've baked in my new stainless steel double ovens so far has come out perfect. I mean perfectly tasting, perfectly flaky, perfectly creamy...just perfect. I am REDEEMED! I CAN BAKE, YES I CAN!

No comments:

Spring Break 2015 - No Cabin Fever! Yogi Bear Luray

This spring break we wanted to squeeze in one more year of enjoying Yogi Bear Campgrounds before we started to venture out in the world of D...