Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Double the Trouble

This week proved to be a test of patience and an understanding that motherhood is not a job for wimps. Son #1 has major constipation. He has not been able to go 10 feet without saying, "Owie, mommy, help." And aside from giving him some pedia-lax and prunes, I can't help.


Son #2 is breaking in his two front teeth. My sleep-instantly-when-placed-in-crib child no longer exists. He's had a low grade fever for days, is wetting his sheets with drool, and has had constant diarrhea. Classic teething symptoms. Worst part is he screams at night and goes back to sleep, but keeps Patrick from having a restful night. Aside from giving him Tylenol, I can't help.

Watching your children in pain is not fun. But knowing that this too shall pass, and this is all a part of their growing pains. The nice part is Caelan wants to cuddle all the time (both my boys were never cuddlers) and I had the privilege of watching Micah pray for the first time in his little life. I caught him in the corner by himself, hands grasped together, eyes closed, wimpering and whispering, "please God, please...PLEASE...."

I snuck up and said "Micah, are you praying?" And with big sad eyes, he nodded. I asked him what he was praying about and he said that he needed God's help with his poop. Broke my heart. I asked if I could pray for him, and together, we requested that God help him with his digestive distress. The late afternoon came and he was finally free (we hope!) of his issue and we pray today will bring back some normalcy to everyone's schedule!

No comments:

Spring Break 2015 - No Cabin Fever! Yogi Bear Luray

This spring break we wanted to squeeze in one more year of enjoying Yogi Bear Campgrounds before we started to venture out in the world of D...