Monday, February 1, 2010

Because I Want Him

This evening Micah answered of one my questions that I had been wrestling with:

"Mommy, is daddy home yet?"
"No baby, 45 more minutes."
"Is he still making money?"
"Yep, he's working for us."
"I don't want him to work. I want him to be home with us."

That of course had me drop everything I was doing and head over to ask him, "Why, Micah, do you want Daddy to be home?"
He simply said, "Because I want him."

It occurred to me there will be a time when the children will not want us so much, and maybe perhaps that's the time I can give myself to other things. Still praying through much of this, but I am glad for the wisdom each day I gain from my children. For now, for a short time, they are undeservedly mine and I will cherish these moments.

4 comments:

mom2boyz said...

so true...I fret over the day when they dont want me around =( but feel so blessed that they do right now =)

Crystal said...

What a sweet post. Melts your heart.

Meghan said...

That's such a sweet, wonderful, difficult thing to hear. It really does remind you how precious are these days when they need us so much. We have such a profound opportunity and responsibility to shepherd them right now!

Mom said...

Precious, precious words! Mom

Spring Break 2015 - No Cabin Fever! Yogi Bear Luray

This spring break we wanted to squeeze in one more year of enjoying Yogi Bear Campgrounds before we started to venture out in the world of D...