Thursday, April 1, 2010

Happy Half Birthday Caelan!

My little baby is 18 months today. April Fools! No, really, he is. To celebrate, we have a one and a half, half birthday cake. I'm getting so sad thinking the second candle will be raised in six months. I'm just not going to go there....


Caelan doesn't get a lot of blog press because well...he doesn't say enough funnies like Micah. But that's all about to change. Here's some notable achievements at eighteen months:

First sign: "More". First word: "Momma". Second word: "Tank Du" (Thank you). First song: "Bob the Builder, YES-HE-CAN!" (Bod da bidder Dah-Dah-Dah!). He likes music, and dances immediately when he hears it. There's a song that asks him to clap, stomp, nod and then shout "God Loves Me!" Whenever that song comes on--wherever we are--we'll hear Caelan shouting, "God Dah Dah!" He doesn't miss a beat.


He's quite the ham.
Hmmh...not sure where he gets that from.



He also signs his favorite songs. This time he does it to Micah's rendition of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. Well, sort of --he signs a few verses, then gets bored and would rather climb--which is also another notable achievement. I hope this gives you a few chuckles:




His favorites are all things fuzzy: Stuffed animals, blankets, even my slippers. He gets so excited seeing birds and airplanes in the sky. He loves to read with his daddy about fish and all sorts of animals. And don't try to separate him from touch-n-feel animals that are also fuzzy. Insane combo.



He does this funny thing we call "The Face". He can do it on command, and usually does it when Micah requests it. He squints his eyes and lifts up his nose, and gives this ridiculous half-smile. It's pretty hilarious.


The two brothers have definitely bonded. And to think that I wanted a girl. I definitely thank God for unanswered prayers. These two have so much fun together. You'll hear in the house when they are separated: "Mimah? Mimah? Whee awwwe yuuuu?" Caelan is usually found sitting on top of Micah's face. A lot. If I hear giggles from another room, it means Caelan is yet again sitting on top of Micah.



He's also fiercely loyal to his brother. If Micah gets a Time Out, Caelan usually waits quietly facing the wall, next to him, and commiserates. This time of course, I get "The Face".



Whatever Micah does, he aspires to do as well.


He still has not given up his personal pacifier, yet.
I'm okay with that. He's still my cuddle bug baby.


Although it's half his birthday today, he's twice as much fun. It has been my GREATEST JOY being his mom. Today, at the park, I just found myself weepy at how little and amazing this kid is. He doesn't want help up the steps, but wants help down the slide. He screams in the park at his loudest, "MOMMMMMMA!", but then he silently signs "Help!" by rapidly patting two hands on his chest. When I come to the rescue, I am rewarded by a big smile and two amazing dimples. Adorable. I don't want to miss one moment of this!


Half birthdays are worth celebrating. You can also
calculate your half birthday. Enjoy!



2 comments:

Meghan said...

Happy Half Birthday, Caelan! That's such a fun age! I think it's one of my favorites!

Matthew, Eve, Noah, Noelle, and Brooke said...

I love this idea! It's hard to wait a whole year when you're little! We'll have to do this :)

Spring Break 2015 - No Cabin Fever! Yogi Bear Luray

This spring break we wanted to squeeze in one more year of enjoying Yogi Bear Campgrounds before we started to venture out in the world of D...