Thursday, July 8, 2010

Being with Family - Part Troix

So, no speech -- Micah did not give a patriotic address to all preschoolers, he was just at this awesome park that Brad took us to. They had a lot of cool things that our neighborhood parks don't have like a climbing wall, a roundabout thing, and also this cool digger-thing---can you tell I don't know what they're called?




Brad and Micah were like two peas in a pod. So, for the fourth -- All-American barbecue? Check. Great Fireworks? Check. The third thing was Family. Micah was counting off the days to see Mr. Brad. At home, he would sigh often to himself and blurt out "I miss Mr. Brad..."

Brad played Superheros,
and he got to be Wonder Woman.
Oh, the sacrifices....


Here they are at our nature walk at Chattahoochie River, sort of like our Great Falls. Everywhere that Mr. Brad went, Micah was sure to go.


Brad also took us to the Historical town of Marietta. It was a very quaint town square with little specialty shops all around. In the center, was a beautiful landscaped area that had a gazebo, a miniature train park, a large fountain and a big liberty bell. It's hip to be square.


Marietta offers history, including the Civil War, slaves, and the railroad station that started the town booming.


Later that night, we had dinner at a yummy Mexican Restaurant. It was outdoor seating so the boys ran around, which was so great for us to have meaningful conversations.


Actually, the boys did great in general. They slept through the night every night, napped every day and with no toys in sight, they were so well-behaved at the Bendeck home. The car ride both to and from (a total of 25 hours) was pleasant---and it even included a stopover to my Alma Mater, Virginia Tech. On our way home, I showed Patrick and the boys where I lived on campus and all the great memories I had of this place. It's been 15 years since I was here on graduation day. Geez, am I old.


It was a great highlight of the trip: to be taking a photo with my children here. Behind us is the Drill field, where I used to walk to classes with a "skip to my step" because it was here at this school that I met my Savior, Jesus Christ. A joy like I've never known filled me to overflowing ...still to this day.

God is good. What a blessing it was to go to Atanta - wonderful friends and wonderful time with family. I don't want to go for one second without recognizing that all of our good gifts are from above. We live a very charmed, abundant life. We are so grateful to God not so much because of His blessings, but because we have Him. Strip away everything else, and none of it matters but Him. Our joy is complete.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great blog post! Great times! I will make another trip down soon too :) -Paul

Spring Break 2015 - No Cabin Fever! Yogi Bear Luray

This spring break we wanted to squeeze in one more year of enjoying Yogi Bear Campgrounds before we started to venture out in the world of D...