Thursday, July 1, 2010

Chlorine is my Perfume.

When the pool opened Memorial Day weekend, we were there! The boys have had a blast in our pool in the weeks of June. And I don't see it slowing down....

We go about 2-3 mornings a week,
and we meet some of their favorite friends.

Reagan


Jenna & Cooper


Baby Grande


Liam, the Loaded Super Soaker


There's Lindsie!


And Nathan! Caelan is a lot more interested in the water than Micah. He dumps his whole face in and starts coughing out water. When I think he's going to start crying, he just starts cracking up and says, "I do it!" He's so proud of himself.

This is great for me because I still don't swim well---at all. In fact, I didn't even know how to swim until I graduated college. In our culture, that wasn't something you "teach" your daughters. It's a shame because I would have had a lot more confidence about the water. My boys won't have an issue, especially Caelan, and I'm grateful for that.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Looks like good clean fun to me! We will have to join you one of these days. I have always thought it was very important for our children to learn how to swim also, because I didn't until college and that is too late to really feel comfortable doing it. Glad you are making the effort. Mom

Anonymous said...

I love NorthPoint! I am moving to ATL! :) Soryda, your blog rocks! - Paul

Spring Break 2015 - No Cabin Fever! Yogi Bear Luray

This spring break we wanted to squeeze in one more year of enjoying Yogi Bear Campgrounds before we started to venture out in the world of D...