Friday, June 25, 2010

Hello, my name is Trouble.

I knew the house seemed eerily quiet for too long.

When I went to see what they were up to, I found Trouble with a smirk on his face, his guilt-ridden accomplice, and this:





One thing I remembered not to do was freak out with the fury of a mother scorned, but to calmly march them to the bath letting them know that they would receive a good spanking later in loving discipline---when I got over the fact that my carpets, walls, and floors were now stained with red ink.

After the spanking, I got buckets of tears mixed with a repentant "I'm sorry, Mom", and they knew they were naughty, but they also knew that I loved them, still. If I had started screaming at first---which the urge was so strong after seeing the stair rails bleeding red--I think they would have seen some serious anger, and felt love with conditions. I feel good about the way I handled that. Let's hope this is the last time I'll have to see my house destroyed by two little curious boys. Yeah, right.

4 comments:

Meghan said...

What did they get into? It kinda looks like chalk, but you said red ink.

Unknown said...

Hey Meghan, I was making cards for a few friends, and it's my red stamping ink! To get it, you have to climb up the counter and unzip my scrapbook container. So, note to self: it's the season where they are able to get into anything!

mom2boyz said...

I am so impressed with your calmness AND that you thought to take pictures so you could blog about it =)

Jen said...

Red stamping ink! Oh boys! Nice job on handling the situation. I believe you are learning something from our study! Way to go mom!

Spring Break 2015 - No Cabin Fever! Yogi Bear Luray

This spring break we wanted to squeeze in one more year of enjoying Yogi Bear Campgrounds before we started to venture out in the world of D...