Monday, June 21, 2010

Father's Day Weekend

We had a nice Father's Day weekend. On Sunday morning, daddy got a special treat: raspberry scones made with love by Micah and Caelan. Patrick ate five in one sitting. :)

We heard a wonderful sermon at church (you can click the link to listen) called What kind of dad will your children remember? Patrick was very challenged with that question, so I thought I'd help him answer it with a little slideshow, below. It made me think of my father a lot. I miss him so much. I wish the kids were able to know him. I know he would just be inseparable from them!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Father's Day 2010


On Saturday, we had Patrick's dad and family over for our June dinner (we alternate and host family dinners each month) and got to celebrate the dads with some yummy, healthy, food and we also played some family mahjohn!


We made grandpa day cards too. I asked the kids to choose their favorite picture to put on Grandpa's cards, so Micah chose Power Rangers and Caelan chose fishies. It was very cute. The handsome Ring men:


On Friday night, we had dessert with Adrienne & Kevin, a wonderful couple! Kevin is hoping to be a father some day soon, as they are wishing to adopt a newborn. If you happen to know of anyone who is looking to put their infant up for adoption, they are incredible couple who will provide a loving home for the child. Truly, I couldn't recommend better soon-to-be parents!


You can check out their website by clicking on their names. Father's Day can be tough for a lot of people each year --some who are not yet dads, or others who have bad relationships with their fathers. Or for some, their fathers have passed away. But on this day, I can be grateful for my Heavenly Father, who promises to be a Father to the fatherless (Psalm 68:5) who I trust to guide me, and continue to love me without condition. Happy Father's Day to everyone!

2 comments:

Mom said...

The video tribute to Patrick is wonderful--it brought tears to his mommy's eyes. Not only does he do things with his boys, but he takes his responsibility as the spiritual leader of his home seriously, so his sons will someday be godly fathers also.

Adrienne and Kevin said...

Thanks for including us in your Father's Day weekend festivities and for honoring us with your kind words. We really appreciate your friendship. :o)

Adrienne & Kevin

Spring Break 2015 - No Cabin Fever! Yogi Bear Luray

This spring break we wanted to squeeze in one more year of enjoying Yogi Bear Campgrounds before we started to venture out in the world of D...