Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Sleepful in Seattle--Part Deux

Back in Virginia. Wow, did I miss my family. It was kind of pathetic how often I thought of them while I was there. I've never been gone 5 days from them before. Now that I'm back to the grind, hmmm....I'm thinking about my vacation again. Let's head back to Seattle's famous Space Needle. We did a drive by as we headed to the Public Market.



There, near the waterfront, Karen treated us to a brunch at a French Restaurant called Cafe Campagne where we ate outside on the patio. We had pate, french toast, lox, fantastic bloody marys, and this was my yummy french dish:


I also drank like 12 cups of coffee--um, per day--while I was there. Why wouldn't I? Seattle is home to the very first Starbucks. The original store was opened here in 1971. The company's headquarters is also based out of Seattle. Surprisingly, despite that much caffeine, I slept like a baby each night.


We also went to the world famous Pike Place Fish Market, where employees throw 3-foot salmon at each other. And some times, they miss, which they did in our case when Michael bought some smoked salmon for dinner. Oops, kinda embarrassing.

To my surprise, the food is REALLY expensive in Seattle. (I was about to have an ulcer looking at their prices in the grocery store) I thought avocados were expensive in the East - but it's $2.50 for one regular non-organic avocado in Seattle. Good--ness!


But flowers, wow...you could buy the equivalent of two big bouquets here at their public market for guess how much? $10. The peonies were stunning and perfect. That would saved a lot out of my weekly budget!


There was a pig and a troll, and other crazy things to tell you about. But the funnest part of the trip was these two:


Karen and Michael, are a wonderful couple, who are authentically living out the abundant life, and doing some courageous things. I enjoyed all of our conversations. And watching 4 back-to-back episodes of Sarah Richardson on HGTV. :) Thank you Karen for being such a blessing in my life!

No comments:

Spring Break 2015 - No Cabin Fever! Yogi Bear Luray

This spring break we wanted to squeeze in one more year of enjoying Yogi Bear Campgrounds before we started to venture out in the world of D...