Friday, June 18, 2010

Being Schooled by a 3-year old


While trying to get out of the car:
Mommy: Micah, can you puleeeze hurry up so we can go?
Micah: Mommy... (serious tone) you need to wait. Patiently. Waiting is hard work.
(Oh my gosh, I've been schooled.)

While Patrick and I are having a disagreement:
Daddy: Honey, don't you think that----
Micah: (drops his toys, matter-a-factly walks straight up to us and stands in the middle) Now, mommy--you say sorry to daddy right now. Daddy--you say sorry to mommy.
Mommy and Daddy: Sorry.
Micah: Good, that's better.

When I offer ice cream as a treat:
Mommy: If you guys are good, I'll buy you some popsicles.
Micah: No mommy. Daddy says sugar is bad. Ice cream is bad. We'll get sick and die.
Mommy: Lovely. (sarcasm)

When Caelan is screaming:
Micah: Caelan, can you use an inside voice?
Caelan: (still screaming at the top of his lungs...)
Micah: Caelan, I can't hear you when you use that voice. I'm going to put you in time out.
(Strangely, Caelan goes to the corner. And the screaming stops. Geez, Louise.)

3 comments:

Crystal said...

This post is HYSTERICAL! I love it :).

Jen said...

That is awesome! Thanks for the laugh. At least he is learning what you are teaching him! :-)

Meghan said...

So funny! By the way, I'll take those raspberries over popsicles any day! Wow!

Spring Break 2015 - No Cabin Fever! Yogi Bear Luray

This spring break we wanted to squeeze in one more year of enjoying Yogi Bear Campgrounds before we started to venture out in the world of D...