Sunday, January 23, 2011

Baby Bump Update - 24 Weeks

Or should I say baby mountain?In the last month , I feel like I've become GARGANTUAN but the doctor assured me that the ultrasound and my measurements are fine. He did say this was common to pop out way earlier with the number of pregnancies, but also upon examination, he noted that I probably had a good separation of the abdominal muscle. I could have told him that. He said to save a little money and to have some work done after to tighten it up and I would be good as new. I'll try a postpartum crunches and leg-lift marathon, but I'm not going to lie - this abdominoplasty sounds tempting!


(Last photo taken at 21 weeks)

Aside from my vanity, the good news is that Baby Boy Ring is doing great. Very active. Kicks a lot, a lot. Sometimes I get a little scared that something is going on in there because he can be pretty violent at times. But then just as I get worried, he stops and falls back to sleep. Look mom, I'm snug as a bug.


Other wonderful news to share is that after my crazy bout of all-over-itching, I had a blood test done and my liver is fine and I tested negative for Cholestasis. Praise God! I was diagnosed the last trimester (starting week 26) with my previous pregnancy, but no news is good news right now.

It's pretty obvious from the ultrasound that we're to come up with boy names, so any suggestions would be helpful. The only name requirements are (1) a two syllable name to balance out his one syllable last name (2) doesn't end in a vowel and (3) passes the kid cruelty test so we don't want to name our kid...hmhm... Willy, Woody or I'm going to hurl Earl. (Besides, they don't pass the first two criteria, anyways!) Also, Micah and Caelan are unique names so we need a third one to match. Praying to the Lord for a good name.

It's hard to imagine in about 3 months, another child will enter our lives with the same amount of chaos that Micah and Caelan leave in their wake daily, but we are excited to care for and raise son #3. My fervent and consistent prayer for all three of them is "And the boy (fill in each name) would continue to grow in stature and in favor with the LORD and with people." (1 Sam 2:26) I know God has great plans for these men, and we are looking forward to meeting the youngest of the Rings. Spring is right around the corner!

3 comments:

Crystal said...

Totally love your baby bump! You are absolutely gorgeous! Glowing my dear, GLOOOOWING!!

Anonymous said...

In going with your bible verse - how bout "Samuel"....it meets your criteria...and isn't that common!!?? Strong bible names are cool...here's some though not as unique: Daniel, Peter, Matthew, Timothy (3 syllables still sound decent), Lucas (deritave of Luke), Elijah, Judah.....okay that's all I have for now! One more...JESSE (hmmm that sounds great!! :-))
from jessel.

Meghan said...

That's a great 3D pic! He's going to be so handsome- just like his brothers!

Spring Break 2015 - No Cabin Fever! Yogi Bear Luray

This spring break we wanted to squeeze in one more year of enjoying Yogi Bear Campgrounds before we started to venture out in the world of D...