Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Moments Captured

Lately, I've been thinking how quickly time is flying by.  Um, Micah will be in Kindergarten at the end of August.  Crazy.  In treasuring the little moments, it has helped me to slow things down, and to capture the here and now.

Remember when Tristan was toothless? Within a week of that post, his mouth started exploding.  First tooth.   Captured.


Patrick was right when we bought this house.  The kids don't want a swing set they can get at a park.  They want to be boys and have space to run wild and find bugs and annihilate them.  Boys poking bugs with sticks.  Captured.


At Reston Bible, there are immediate real needs every week.  We get so excited when we can buy food or diapers, donate books or clothes.   Little children remembering the poor.  Captured.


Since the boys were little, we never told them about guns or how to use swords.  We knew very early that we would never have an issue with buying toy guns because they figured out how to build them, anyways!  Using sticks, play-doh, Legos....you name it.  Brother firing at will at unsuspecting little brothers.  Captured.


As I hold my baby in my arms, I am soberly reminded that this is my last child, and my last born is going to be this small for just a short time.   This little a little longer.  Captured.



Micah dressed himself without knowing that mommy put Tristan in similar pajamas.   When they are grown men, four years apart won't seem like very much between brothers, but I can show them this picture and they can see how baby brother is so much smaller than bigger brother.  Captured.


 And we can't forget to capture the most mischievous child.  He is infectious with his laughter, his enthusiasm and his one-volume-setting voice: loud.  He does, however, tests the limits-----often.  If he turns out naughty, it will be all my fault because I can't seem to discipline those dimples.  Mommy's weakness.  Captured.

 
 

These are the moments that I just store up in my heart.  Slow down, time.  Slow down!

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Love it ALL!

Sam, Adrianna, Zoe, Penny, & June said...

parallel lives again Soryda! or maybe everybody has that middle child. I was writing a blog post in my head about Penny when I read this. maybe you'll have some advice for me when/if I actually type it up and post it!

Spring Break 2015 - No Cabin Fever! Yogi Bear Luray

This spring break we wanted to squeeze in one more year of enjoying Yogi Bear Campgrounds before we started to venture out in the world of D...