Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Birthday Weekend

Why should Tristan be the only one to celebrate?  While I hate getting older, I do enjoy celebrations and so this one was a quiet one with me and Patrick.  He asked me what I wanted to do?  And all I could think of was food and massage.  Could their be a better combo?? The first craving that popped in my head was spicy papaya salad.  So that's what we did!


It totally hit the spot.  Neisha Thai in Tysons makes the best Yum Talay or Spicy Beef Salad, too.  



 

In line with the thai theme, we had a couple's real Thai massage.  Um, the legitimate kind.  We both had these in Cambodia and it is worth every penny.

We went to a place in Tysons and it was literally like stepping into Chiang Mai---the marble floors, the exotic thai silk and decor, the smell of lemongrass and incense.  We started with a foot massage while being served thai herbal tea.


And then we got dressed in their linens.  In these air conditioned rooms, we laid down on thin comfortable mattresses which were on raised bamboo platform beds.  (sorry blurry pictures taken from iphone)



Patrick is a huge critic of these massages and I was afraid he wouldn't like it, but he LOVED it.  It was far better than any Swedish massage we've ever had.  

Afterwards, we went thrift store shopping which was fun for me because I am always on the hunt for great finds.  Without three kids and a husband who makes peanut gallery comments about EVERYTHING, it was just fun.  Oh how I love this man.  Even though he looks kind of like an eerie stalker in this photo.  Still tall, dark, and handsome!



Sunday, I had a mani pedi with Kathy to end a lovely weekend!  It was a very happy birthday.  I couldn't help feeling a twinge of guilt at how luxurious my life is.  I'm thankful.  Deeply grateful.  But also mindful that the rest of the world does not live like I do.  When I can remember that, I can be in constant remembrance of my blessings.  Here's to my 29th year, woo hoo!




2 comments:

Unknown said...

I need massage location details.

brian walker said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Spring Break 2015 - No Cabin Fever! Yogi Bear Luray

This spring break we wanted to squeeze in one more year of enjoying Yogi Bear Campgrounds before we started to venture out in the world of D...