Monday, April 30, 2012

Tristan's First Birthday

Where did all the time go?  I just remember bringing a swaddled baby home (well, someone else's home) from the hospital.  And then bam----he's one.  My little guy is already ONE!


We celebrated true Cambodian style with lots of yummy Khmer food (thank you mom!) and plenty of yummy desserts (thanks Heather and other Mom).


The Lord heard my prayer as I asked for no rain for the first hour.  So, the kids ran wild out back and right around 5:00, the showers started! 


It was easy as we put up a bunch of pop up tents and ride-on toys.  For the adults, I set up some fun lounges.  Some of my recent Craigslist finds.  A little Parisian bistro.  Five wrought iron chairs and two tables and 2 smaller tray tables.  $45 total.  Patrick and I spray painted them black and they are like new!


I borrowed a canopy from a friend (thanks Michelle!) and put underneath my other Craiglist purchase.  The loveseat, two chairs, table and two ottomans were $150.  Apparently, the set is still being sold right now for $400.  I could probably flip this for some cash.  Oh, maybe next summer!


Once the rain came, everyone headed indoors and packed ourselves in like sardines.  I thought it would be much more crowded, but not nearly bad as I thought.  Although the noise level was pretty loud as Patrick made a little speech about our little guy.

Tristan did seem rather in shock at the human gridlock surrounding his high chair, and everyone staring at him and singing.   Poor little guy. 


But later in the evening after everyone was gone, and he ate a quiet meal in his pajamas---I got this happy shot. 



Happy First Birthday my darling little boy.  We love you so much!

1 comment:

Meghan said...

I can't believe how different he looks in just a couple of months! Such a big boy now!

Spring Break 2015 - No Cabin Fever! Yogi Bear Luray

This spring break we wanted to squeeze in one more year of enjoying Yogi Bear Campgrounds before we started to venture out in the world of D...