Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Celebration 2012

The best part about Easter was when one of the cousins asked Micah what he got from the Easter Bunny.  He said, "Nothing."  Followed by a shocked look, Micah then said, "We don't believe in the Easter Bunny.  We celebrate Easter because Jesus died on the cross for our sins and gave us new life.  The eggs are new life in Jesus."   Um. Wow.


Micah is right.  We celebrate a risen Savior!  For Christians on this day, it's a big deal.  I won't fully understand the magnitude of what Christ did on the cross for me, but my life has forever changed and I am thankful and I have reason to celebrate.

And celebrate we did.  We kicked off the weekend by serving at our Easter play at church called Conversations.  We were ushers at the grand hotel.  Patrick even passed out mints to everyone during the "turn down" service.

 

Next stop:  Neighborhood Egg Hunt.  The egg hunt however was over before we got there.  Um, it said 10 AM sharp, we got there at 10:01 AM!  That's okay, Scott and Julie (our neigbors) and friends Gene and Victoria did an impromptu egg hunt in Julie's backyard!   Someone said, "Go!" and they were off for the hunt!


Sunday morning, we made resurrection cookies.   See this blog post for an awesome Easter idea with kids.  After our service on Sunday, we headed to my brother's home for some Easter brunch.  


My brother is a fabulous cook and we feasted on the passover lamb.     Within an hour of lunch, we don't know what happened...but we put Tristan down and then Patrick and I fell asleep and then Ivey and Ya fell asleep, Halys crashed and we think Seyla might have watched all five of them, who knows?   My younger brother had cuddle time with youngest nephew.


Halys prepared a fun Easter egg hunt with the kids, um..after family nap time. :)



Here's our Springy attire picture.
Happy Easter from our family to yours!  He has Risen!  He has risen indeed!












2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow. My sister would kill me if one of my kids told her kids the Easter bunny wasn't real.

Unknown said...

I think Santa maybe....but not the Easter bunny. The cousins know he's not real, so that's good, they're just worried about making sure they get the baskets!

Spring Break 2015 - No Cabin Fever! Yogi Bear Luray

This spring break we wanted to squeeze in one more year of enjoying Yogi Bear Campgrounds before we started to venture out in the world of D...