Monday, April 16, 2012

What do three boys do all day?

I've got a few answers.

Patrick would warn me when the boys roughhoused that it was normal.  He forgot to tell me that they do it every time I'm not looking! Still getting used to the frequency and lack of self-control.  Seriously.


And when they're not beating each other up, or sitting on each other's face, they're usually running circles around baby Tristan.  This I usually don't mind or put a stop to this because... well...Tristan is so delighted!


Tristan screams his head off usually.  When I say scream, there's only one kind: ear-piercing.    And he usually does this when big brother blocks him from his daily goal---eatable-but-not-edible rocks in fireplace.  Another ear-piercing scream!

 
A lot of times though, Micah and Caelan go off and exclude Tristan.  Funny story--we had Tristan's baby play yard (a hexagon type play area designed to keep babies in) and instead of putting Tristan in, they put themselves in, lock him out,  and taunt him with their eatable-but-not-edible legos!  Poor little guy.


In a few years, he'll be able to play legos too, but for now Micah and Caelan do offer to play with a few of his cool toys.



I'm beginning to really get raising boys.   I'm not sure how it can co-exist, but they are wild and out-of-control, but also gentle, tender, and sweet too.  More thoughts on that on my next post!


2 comments:

Michelle said...

All cute boys!

Crystal said...

Your little men cannot get any cuter! Seriously. Boys are loud and crazy but oh so much fun :)!

Spring Break 2015 - No Cabin Fever! Yogi Bear Luray

This spring break we wanted to squeeze in one more year of enjoying Yogi Bear Campgrounds before we started to venture out in the world of D...