Monday, April 2, 2012

The Rings in Spring

With the unusually warm spring weather, we got ambitious and tore out the existing landscaping and put in plants that make me happy.  Seriously, Patrick asked me what kinds of flowers I wanted and the only answer I gave him was, "The ones that make me happy!"

Before, there was this brick container (Front Center) that really didn't work with the brick on the house and it was holding overgrown azalea bushes.  


Well, husband and firstborn decided enough with that.  They removed all of the bricks by hand and dug everything up including the old water hose.

 

Before



And...DRUMROLL PLEASE...
After.
I chose perennials because I'm lazy, but they are supposed to grow like mad by next year. Can't wait!



Before there was a yucky patch with ugly bricks and a dead-looking bush.  This was the first day we moved in.


And today...oooh, makes my heart happy!  We relocated an azalea bush from the previous owner.  It seemed like the only healthy one.  It's starting to bud now.




Unexpected surprise.  This tree which is not ours, bloomed last week, 
and gives us a beautiful view outside of our living room.


It's so worth it that every time you look at your flowers, you just smile.  Now, onto the backyard!  



No comments:

Spring Break 2015 - No Cabin Fever! Yogi Bear Luray

This spring break we wanted to squeeze in one more year of enjoying Yogi Bear Campgrounds before we started to venture out in the world of D...