Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Nap Time Dilemma Solved!

I am pretty darn proud of myself. Case closed: The nap time dilemma is solved!

My mission impossible was to get both children down at the same time for their 1:00 nap so I could have some quiet time. Since Caelan is now on a nap schedule, it hasn't seemed to work yet. Some days we'd get home from our morning playdate/errand/event and Caelan would fall asleep prematurely in the carseat. He sleeps immediately and for a longer period of time when the car is moving. When I transfer him to the crib, or leave him be, he would, without fail, wake up right away. Other days, he would wake up from his cat-nap crying, and in turn, wake Micah--- which was very frustrating for mommy who is so much saner when her toddler is well-rested.


So, in my sleep deprivation, I was doing the laundry and listening to the dryer and being lulled to sleep by the rhythm of the dryer--and a light went off ! It worked like a charm. Caelan is right now sleeping like a baby, in his carseat, on top of a running dryer! So, he think it's the car and he sleeps longer, and when he wakes up wailing, he's on an entirely different floor so Micah man gets his full two hours. Some days I don't have clue, other days - I am simply a genius!

1 comment:

Sam, Adrianna, Zoe, Penny, & June said...

Love. It. If our dryer was large enough to hold a folded towel, much less a carseat, I would copy you yet again. Why is everything in Europe miniature? The people aren't!

Anyway, you are always a genius to me, Soryda!

Spring Break 2015 - No Cabin Fever! Yogi Bear Luray

This spring break we wanted to squeeze in one more year of enjoying Yogi Bear Campgrounds before we started to venture out in the world of D...