Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Thai anyone?

Patrick complains that I'm too difficult to shop for because every gift I've received I either took back or exchanged. Well, not this Christmas! Patrick got me thai cooking lessons. Not only do I get to go three Saturdays in January from 2:30-5:00, but I get to go without kids!!! The impressive instructor is the owner of Thai Basil, and used to cook for the King of Thailand. She is also getting ready to air a show on Food Network with Bobby Flay.

My first class was last Saturday and I learned to make chicken with thai basil, crying tiger (legend was that dish was so spicy a tiger ate it and left crying), and mango with sticky rice. We had a few friends over last night and they tried it. I'm proud to say they were members of the clean plate club, after their second helpings! Patrick is really enjoying the fresh, light, and tasty cooking of thai cuisine! Next week is Pad Thai and a Red Curry Dish. Can't wait!

2 comments:

Meghan said...

How fun!! Everything sounds so yummy! So no one left crying, huh? Good job, Pat- Great idea!

jessel said...

soryda, can you give me thai lessons for free? i just got chinese cooking lessons for free from a friend, and have been cooking chinese cuisine all week! how fun!!

Spring Break 2015 - No Cabin Fever! Yogi Bear Luray

This spring break we wanted to squeeze in one more year of enjoying Yogi Bear Campgrounds before we started to venture out in the world of D...