Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Viva Meh-hee-co!

We booked my birthday trip since January to the Riviera Maya and it was wonderful. The resort exceeded everyone's expectations. Not to over-spiritualize things, but---the place was like seeing a small glimpse of heaven! I was getting ready to write a rave review, but I figured I should start with my blog....



First, and foremost, the time together with three couples was relaxing and meaningful. We had a lot of group time, and we also had individual couple time.




The girls had time to chat, and the guys bonded
some too. Hmhh...maybe a little too much?


We had pretty deep discussions. One of them was whether or not we committed gluttony on this trip. To know how much we ate at their four buffets and 4-course meals in the evening, you would have questioned us too. But look at this amazing food....who could resist?



At one of the dinners, Rob became part of the entertainment!



And most of our time was spent doing absolutely nothing. Unless you call going from the beach, back to the pool, back to the beach---something. And we did achieve some nice sunburns.





Patrick and I had some quality time together, which as you can imagine for parents of two young children--it meant everything for us to get away and focus first on each other.


It was also fun for me to get dressed up and smell like something different than diapers & spilled milk so whenever I could, I tried to get all dolled up. I did miss the kids some kind of awful. So while the low point on our trip was going home....

....it was soon replaced with another high point--seeing the boys again. The first thing we did when we got home was race to their bedrooms and see them crashed-out-asleep in their beds. We smelled them, and smiled. While we were gone for four days, little Caelan got two more teeth! I can't believe I missed it.


But I'm sorry to say as cute as they are, they don't deter me from going on another fabulous vacation. Thanks to my sweet, amazing husband for making it possible for us to do this. What an incredible birthday gift!

3 comments:

Sam, Adrianna, Zoe, Penny, & June said...

WOW Soryda! I'm so glad you guys got to go - it looks like you had a blast! You look like a super model in each picture, of course. Those shoes under the dinner table are rockin.

Um, please please tell me that your friend in her bikini is pregnant with her 1st baby. Otherwise I'm going to go do 600 crunches right now. Or, you know, eat some ice cream to make me feel better.

And, is something happening with Jessel? I don't know...something about her just looked a little different...

jessel said...

Adrianna,

Yes, I am 6 months pregnant! Of course, still the traveler when prego :-) And our friend in the bikini is almost 6 months pregnant too, so you don't need to do 600 crunches. You are hilarious. We were torn on Greece or Mexico; but Mexico was cheaper! next year, we'll visit you ;-)

Soryda, thanks for blogging about it - it's already a distant memory after spending the day back to the grind with the 2 kids! But gotta love em!
jessel

Jen said...

I'm climbin in your suitcase the next time you go! Love the pics. Looks like you all had a fabulous time!

Spring Break 2015 - No Cabin Fever! Yogi Bear Luray

This spring break we wanted to squeeze in one more year of enjoying Yogi Bear Campgrounds before we started to venture out in the world of D...