Monday, August 2, 2010

Grandma Marion

Patrick's grandma, passed away suddenly this week. She died in her sleep and she knew the Lord. So, we're grateful that she is seeing Jesus face to face. When I first met her on my wedding day, I knew I had to call her Grandma Marion. She was just the nicest, sweetest lady you could know. She lived, a long, full life. What a blessing to live long enough to meet your great grandchildren.

Four generations of Rings
(Roger, Patrick, Grandma Marion, Micah)



In all these years, she has been so faithful in sending me, Patrick, Micah and Caelan a birthday card and a check for $5 for the boys every year they've been alive. Every Christmas, too. The boys also got these silver cups, a ring tradition, engraved with their initials. All the grandchildren and great grandchildren have one cup given by her.


At her funeral in Owatonna, Minnesota, all five of her children and their spouses were present. All eleven of her grandchildren were also there. Everyone came from all over the country to celebrate the life of this wonderful lady.

Pictured with all the GREAT grandchildren (at the time)
from Roger's lineage, her first born son.




For me, well there's a lot of things I remember, but I have to thank this blog actually for getting to know her better. You see, every time there was a blog posted, she would receive it via RSS feed, and without fail, she would always write back. She seemed delighted to get them, and to get to know the boys better through it. She commented on every post for a year! I know I joke about not having many blog followers, but I really think she was the biggest fan! I will treasure those emails. She will be missed, greatly.

At her granddaughter's bridal tea
(me, mom, Heather, Meghan, Kristen & Morgan, Grandma Marion)

No comments:

Spring Break 2015 - No Cabin Fever! Yogi Bear Luray

This spring break we wanted to squeeze in one more year of enjoying Yogi Bear Campgrounds before we started to venture out in the world of D...