Sunday, March 6, 2011

Captains Log: House Update

Well, our purchaser's financing came in, and our house appraised at what they offered us--$10,000 over our asking price. We were nervous since the comparables were short sales in our neighborhood---which is why we had the buyers remove their appraisal contingency, but it turns out it wasn't necessary -- our God continues to come through for us. Note: When we moved in 19 months ago, the house didn't appraise. It was $13,000 less than what we offered. It's hard to believe in less than two years in this market, it has appreciated $31,000. It's amazing what happens when you're reliant and desperate for Him to work it out.

So, this week, we packed like crazy -- correction, my beloved friends packed. They had mercy on a 7-month prego and came in on a daily basis to help me pack. Thanks to Natalie, Jessel, Michelle G, Jen and her parents Judi & Don, Michelle S, Halys and my mom who came this week and did the lower level, storage room, entire kitchen, office, and dining room buffet hutch. Wow! Next week, we have Christi, Amy C., and a few others who are coming by to finish it up. Praise God for amazing, generous, loving friends who would take the shirt off their backs and give to us. This is community and this is family.

We are here for one more week and our moving day will be Monday the 14th, a week from tomorrow. Our stuff will go to temporary storage. Our first stop of our great adventure is Seyla and Halys's home, where we plan to stay two weeks. The kids are counting down their "7 sleeps" until they get to play all day with their cousins. From there, we have plenty of homes to lay down our heads until we have permanent housing.

Patrick and I have been house-hunting every weekend but still have not found anything we love. We were very tempted by a beautiful townhouse end unit in Ashburn at the top of our price range, with lake views on every level. It was gorgeous! Gourmet kitchens and updated bathrooms. We just had to wrestle with God's direction for us. That was hard. We ultimately passed it up.

At 30 weeks, the baby is kicking like crazy. I'm itching a lot. The boys are watching their toys get sold, and saying "Goodbye slide, Goodbye motorcycle...", but they are doing it with great grace. We had a moving sale this week and already I've made $2,760 on our stuff! God is good. The buyers are taking our living room furniture since we're downsizing, this works for everyone. And I've had a stream of craigslisters come in and just take stuff out of our house. I can tell you that I am a changed woman and I no longer feel a great attachment to my "stuff". It's surprising you and I both, believe me!

What else? Well, I am surprised that this move has been relatively stress-free (except for the daily waiting on the right property to hit the market) but everything else has been fairly smooth and amazingly calm as things have just fallen into place. I do sense the Lord is definitely asking me to place my full trust and using this house search to build my faith in the One who is capable of providing all my wants and need on His timing and not mine. Hebrews chapter 11 says that "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." It's a time of testing and trial for me, and I hope that I prove faithful.


No comments:

Spring Break 2015 - No Cabin Fever! Yogi Bear Luray

This spring break we wanted to squeeze in one more year of enjoying Yogi Bear Campgrounds before we started to venture out in the world of D...