Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Baby Bump Update -- 34 Weeks

We're in the homestretch....and I've got proof! Look at my gi-normous bump.

At 34 weeks, my baby is supposed to be the size of a pineapple, but I would say it resembles more of a bowling ball, wouldn't you? The good news is that I'm not big anywhere else (at least that's what Patrick says every time I ask him if my butt looks big). If you know Patrick, he can not tell a lie. So, what he would say is, "Baby, those pants look really nice." And he hasn't had to resort to that. :)

I delivered both kids at 38 weeks so I'm hoping that baby #3 will be all cooked by then and ready to come out to meet us in 4 weeks. I'm praying for a healthy little baby boy, and an easy delivery with plenty of love from my epidural. I am actually having a doula -in-training in the delivery room this time, as she needs to observe live births for her class. It's a friend's niece, so while I told her it probably won't be a very Hollywood-crazy delivery, if it'll help with her training, I don't mind.

I'm looking forward to meeting son #3. Since the house drama, I haven't had a chance to focus on the baby. Some of that is good because.... well, I'm uncomfortable a lot and welcome the distraction. But I do want to just prepare myself in these last weeks, nest a little, get things ready, and also spend time thanking God for His undeserved favor in my life. This baby came to us without any procedures and we feel so blessed by this natural gift.

Little boy Ring is still nameless however, and Patrick and I as usual, have not been able to come up with a name until the last month. Well, the last month is here so we've pondered names such as Jacob, Nathan, Nicolas, Daniel, Rowan, Lucas and Derek, but none have seemed to resonate well with both of us. I am confident it will come, as it did with Micah and Caelan. We both want a strong name, unique, and also matches with our other boy's name. I'd have no trouble finding a girl name, I'll tell you that much. :)


One thing we do know is that this baby will need to be pretty laid back because we're not sure where we're bringing him home to. Home will be in mommy's arms or in a manger with straw for the first few months. He won't know the difference, so we're not going to care either....keep repeating that, Soryda. Still wandering the desert asking God for the house. A pretty difficult journey of faith for me, admittedly, but I'm seeing all the work God still has yet to do in my worldly heart. More updates soon on that.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Is that a picture of Micah and Caelan? I can tell its Caelan, but it doesn't look like Micah for some reason.

Michelle said...

Actually I am pretty sure that is not Micah. Cousin?

KTrex said...

Soryda you look amazing!!! I'm so jealous :) And feel free to pass on those girl's names - Jeff and I are at a loss.

--Kat

Meghan said...

You look great! Good luck on the boys name- we were also stumped. Fortunately, babies don't seem to care where they are for a while. And just think how nice it will be to have some extra help those first days! Communal living really is a good idea!

Spring Break 2015 - No Cabin Fever! Yogi Bear Luray

This spring break we wanted to squeeze in one more year of enjoying Yogi Bear Campgrounds before we started to venture out in the world of D...