Tuesday, March 15, 2011

We are free birds!

Today at 9:47 a.m., we became financially free for the first time in our adult lives. It was fun to see how much money would be wired to our account and it tempted us to leave the country and vacation in Italy oh for um...indefinitely. The close went smooth. No issues.

The move yesterday was NOT so Non-Stop. We had three guys and a truck at $75 per hour. Same formula as last time: Underestimated amount of stuff and one guy among the three who was smaller than me. We also had an elevator problem at the free storage site, so while Patrick was there with the guys, he ended up buying public storage one mile away for at least a month. Which that was a God-send because they had only one 10x15 drive-up-to-the-door unit left-- but it cost us another hour of figuring out game plan B and shifting gears. All in all what was an estimated 4 hours, took 7. It could have been worse.


Meanwhile, back at the house - I am cleaning up 4200 square feet of space while I'm almost 8 months along. Who thought of this plan again??? The good news is that it's over, we are free birds and we are rich, man!!! As I left our house for the last time, I did cry. I did. But it was a tinge of sadness mixed mostly with joy and gratitude. My heart filled up with gratefulness that I fell on my knees thanking God for an opportunity to live in my dream house, even for a short time. And even if I never get to live in a house like this again, I had the chance and it was more than I could have asked for.

Now the great adventure goes on! To add to our ups and downs, we put an offer on a townhouse fixer upper for dirt cheap and we found out there were 7 other offers, and so we didn't even stand a chance. It was going to be work, which I was SO EXCITED about, but this house had a lot of cat and dog funk in it. Poor Jessel--- who's allergic, came to see it since she lived down the street and she had to put a cloth over her nose-- that's how bad it was.

I stayed awake that night thinking of how I'd redesign it from top to bottom and it was going to be spectacular. Oh well. it's alright, I wasn't devastated this time, even though now we are 0-2. It wasn't God's house for us. I'm not sure why, but He does and that's what we have to go on.

Keep up to the date with the captains log - house updates. Soon, and I do pray soon -- we will be able to tell you that we got the house. I can not wait to share the good news with you!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Praying this for you:
Jeremiah 29:11 - "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Anonymous said...

Oh man, I can't believe you guys didn't get the German cute townhouse. Well, I was dreaming of the boys fishing and playing street hockey. I guess that's not God's plan after all! I will have to tell Joey to stop praying for it :-)) Love you guys. God has the Best earthly home in mind, but remember Heaven is our True Home, until then, this is just temporary housing sister!!
luv, your almost-neighbor Jessel

Spring Break 2015 - No Cabin Fever! Yogi Bear Luray

This spring break we wanted to squeeze in one more year of enjoying Yogi Bear Campgrounds before we started to venture out in the world of D...