Monday, March 21, 2011

The Great Adventure

So, it begins. Moving day---done! Closing---done! Family moved into Seyla and Halys's home---done! We've been here one week now and it's been GREAT. We have the entire basement to ourselves with Patrick and I in the guestroom and the kids sleeping in the family room area. We have a really nice bathroom, too.

Micah is turned sideways in their new beds. Oops!

The kids are sleeping through the night. Praise God. We took both their mattresses and laid them side by side. Surprisingly, Patrick and I are sleeping really well in the full guest bed. Who would have thunk? I think it's because we're both extremely tired, and I'm like a beached whale at night, I can't move too much so I don't need that much space. :)

Caelan and Lily are inseparable.

In the morning, the kids wake up and run upstairs immediately to play with their cousins. Patrick and I actually sleep in quite a bit. When we go up, we find our kids have already been fed breakfast and they are just playing together nicely. You know, there is something to communal living. Meanwhile, Halys and I take turns making dinner and we also take turns running out to get our hair done or pick up something from Target WITHOUT kids while the other stays. It's fabulous.

Not sure if Caelan is disgruntled that Gabriel took
his scooter, or if mommy put him in the exact same shirt.

Micah hasn't once asked about the Millwright Terrace house, and neither has Caelan. It's pretty strange. As far as adjustment, they have lost their minds a few times over some things that are ridiculous, but I also attribute it to not having the same sound nap schedule they had in their own beds. By about 5 p.m., the naughty behavior starts and I find myself having to take extra disciplinary action. But I do have to give them some grace as it's a new environment and whether or not I can tell, they did go through a major life change.

The introduction of the i-pad to my kids.

I'm probably taking it worse than anyone. We still haven't found a house we liked and perhaps for the first time, I'm starting to feel really discouraged. I probably just need a little break from house hunting and spend more time focused on other things. I also need to let go of the fact that I probably won't have a house before the baby arrives. The nice thing is we have plenty of places to live and we'll just continue on with our Great Adventure until the Lord decides it's time. I am asking God for more faith and more joy as I wrestle with my impatience and my frustrations. He is good no matter how I feel, and He's giving me what I need each day. Praise Him!

No comments:

Spring Break 2015 - No Cabin Fever! Yogi Bear Luray

This spring break we wanted to squeeze in one more year of enjoying Yogi Bear Campgrounds before we started to venture out in the world of D...