Monday, January 16, 2012

Like A Child

I've been a parent five years now.  You would think that I would have this lesson down.



When I stopped to listen to Micah, I am astounded at his 5-year old responses:

Mommy:  Gosh, I am so tired today.
Micah:  (immediately and with compassion) Dear Lord, let mommy have more sleep.

"Did you have a good night's sleep, Micah?"
"No, I had a dream about a monster, but then I said to myself when I am afraid, I will trust in You."
(Um, wow.)
"And then the monster went away?"
"Yeah, after I pulled out my fire torch to blow it's head off."
"Hmm, that's my boy. "

Caelan:  My tummy hurts.
Micah:  Mommy, can we pray for Caelan? Dear Lord, help Caelan's tummy feel better. Amen.
Caelan:  Thanks Micah for praying for me.

Micah doesn't miss a beat.  He knows who will help, and he immediately trusts and goes straight to the source.  Do I?

When the the little children came to Jesus and the disciples shoo'd them away, Jesus said, "Bring the little ones to me."  And the children didn't hesitate, they jumped right into Jesus' arms.  They loved him and they came near to Him.  He said, "No matter how big you grow, never grow up so much that you lose your child's heart: full of trust in God.  Be like these children.  They are the most important in my kingdom."

Micah looks at me with those big brown eyes and trusts me completely to take care of him, to provide for all his needs.   When he reaches for me, I never deny him.   I grab him, spin him in the air, and tell him over and over how much I love him.  We always laugh. What a reminder to me of God's love for me.  I am humbled this morning by my little son's faith--do I have that same child-like faith as he?


No comments:

Spring Break 2015 - No Cabin Fever! Yogi Bear Luray

This spring break we wanted to squeeze in one more year of enjoying Yogi Bear Campgrounds before we started to venture out in the world of D...