Thursday, September 25, 2008

Should I stay or should I go?

This is the question. It's 2:57 a.m. and I can't figure out if these labor pains are the real thing. This has been going on for an hour and the contractions are quite intense at about five minutes apart. Some are 15 seconds long, while others a minute. The conundrum is if I go to the hospital, will the contractions stop and I'll be sent home and if I don't go, will I have this baby on the bathroom floor in an hour? Tough call. I'm five minutes away, so maybe I'll just wait until I can't seem to blog through the pain. The sacrifices I make for this blog. :)

The good news is this nightly dilemma does have an end in sight. I get induced in less than one week. I can't believe it. God willing, I will meet our son on Wednesday, October 1st. This will be the longest week of my life. I can hardly stand it (um...literally!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you tried pepper? I always sneeze loudly when I've sniffed it. Maybe, just maybe, if you inhale a snootful of pepper you will sneeze your son out! I hope you are laughing because you could use some - oh funny blog mama!

My vote - GO - at least then they can put a fetal monitor on you to figure it out.

Love, Hugs and Prayers,
Karen and Michael xoxo

Unknown said...

Hi Michael, thanks for the chuckle. I needed it! I honestly have not tried pepper as a possible induction technique! I have done spicy food, but still NOTHING. Not American spicy, but Thai "burn a hole in your esophagus spicy." Maybe I will sniff the pepper.:)

Spring Break 2015 - No Cabin Fever! Yogi Bear Luray

This spring break we wanted to squeeze in one more year of enjoying Yogi Bear Campgrounds before we started to venture out in the world of D...