Saturday, September 6, 2008

Our Joy and Delight

Welcome to our new blog site! While I'd like to say I chose this site because it's a wonderful, creative interface, the real truth is I'm a cheapskate --the site is free! Those of you who know me well, know that I LOVE all things free! Please bookmark it and visit often so you can watch our little boy, soon to be boys, grow up before your eyes. And I encourage you to relieve any boredom you may have by reading one of many of our parental mishaps as new parents!

So, we're about
9 months pregnant with our second son, who by the way we still do NOT have a name for (see survey on the right), and are enjoying our last few exclusive weeks with our precious Micah, who is now 22 months. He is our delight. We both feel that out of all of our accomplishments, he is clearly the best one we've ever had! Nothing compares to the gift of being his mom and dad. No longer our little baby, he proves it daily with his recent language explosion (who knew he was listening all this time?) and his daily "ow-ies" he gets on his knees and elbows. We are on a 3-week consistent streak of having new bumps, scratches and scars and I fear it will not let up for quite some time!
There are so many fun stories that I'd love to share, but Patrick and I are convinced that the only people who really think it's awe-inspiring are us. But I will share one "funny." It makes us smile every time, but he currently refers to himself as "You". That seems strange, but it started when he was naming everyone he knows on our digital frame. Pictures would flash of "thama" (Grandma) and Paw-Paw (Grandpa) or Mommy, Daddy, but when a picture of just him would flash, we would ask, "Micah, who's that?" When he didn't respond, we would say, "That's you." So now months later, when he sees a family picture, he would point and say "Mommy, Daddy" and point to himself and loudly say, "YOU!" Too cute!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

First of all, let me just say, I looove this site. I referred it to my friend who just had her baby. Secondly, Micah is adorable! I was laughing at the cuteness of him referring to himself as "You". Good job Mommy and Daddy Ring!

Spring Break 2015 - No Cabin Fever! Yogi Bear Luray

This spring break we wanted to squeeze in one more year of enjoying Yogi Bear Campgrounds before we started to venture out in the world of D...